Tractor
    YM 2000

Default Charge Light Question

When the key is turned on, the oil light will come on, but I have to bump the dash to get the charge light to come on. It worked fine until the belt came loose and I had to re-tighten. Everything seems to be charging fine. Checked w/ volt meter. I've wiggled the wires... to locate the short, but once the light comes on (with a light bump to the dash) it will not go out until the tractor starts. After you run the tractor and shut her down, the oil light comes on but the charge light stays off. You guessed it. Bump the dash and the light will come back on.

It doesn't really matter cause everything is charging fine, but it is bugging the crap out of me. Any ideas?

Default Re: Charge Light Question

Sounds like it's a loose connection at the socket or a bulb loose.

Tractor
    YM2020 & Allis Chalmers 6060

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Sounds like it's a loose connection at the socket or a bulb loose. )</font>

Or could be a loose filament in the bulb????

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

I assume your Yanmar has the 3-bulb warning light panel.

Look carefully at the sockets for the three bulbs. The ground wire attaches to the oil warning light with ground bridged by a brass blade to the second bulb (alt) and then bridged by another brass blade to the temp socket. The whole 3-lamp assembly was corroded on mine. New panels are available from Hoyetractor.com and others.

Tractor
    YM 2000

The assembly looks good. Checked the bulbs. The charge bulb seems to have a loose filament. Checked the oil and temp. bulbs and they work great. Off to buy a new bulb. Don't guess you can buy them at an auto parts store.

Platinum Member

You can buy them at most any auto parts store. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]