I need some help on my gt14

/ I need some help on my gt14 #1  

yves

Tractor
yanmar ym14
I have a gt14(ym14 in europe) form 1982 and i have some trouble to find part. I have big nose with the transmission from the engine to the back. I think is the end cardan used. Is anybody can help me.

/ I need some help on my gt14 #3  
The GT14 is alsmost identical to both the YM-14 and the YM-146. I have service manuals for both and the part numbers are the same. If you are looking for a specific part # let me know and I can scan a page for you. Gary Jamison has most parts for these and he is very helpful.
c5_3.JPG

/ I need some help on my gt14 #4  
Does your tractor have a 3 point hitch or rear PTO?

/ I need some help on my gt14
Thank you very much for your help, It is the same machine as the picture of GT14. If you have some PDF of my problem to find the ref of the last cardan near the rear axle. Sry but my englis in the tecnical word is very small. I have a PTO system, but e begin old and make allso mose.

/ I need some help on my gt14 #6  
I will scan some pages in my manual tomarrow and post them for you.

/ I need some help on my gt14 #7  
I think he means there is a noise behind the transmission and in the PTO assembly. A cardan is a U-joint.

/ I need some help on my gt14 #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think is the end cardan )</font>

Sounds like Yves is describing a noisy driveline, which he suspects to be a loose rear u-joint just ahead of the rear axle assembly.

Could the noise be the transmission input bearing? What else is in that location?

/ I need some help on my gt14
E drawing is better than a long discution.

Attachments

• 762163-pb yanmar gt14.jpg
    762163-pb yanmar gt14.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 207
   / I need some help on my gt14 #10  
More likely to be the U-joint than the pinion bearing on the diff, also far easier to fix. Just disconnect the driveshaft at the rear diff and see if the joint is stiff, especially when moved in one direction vs the other. Should be easy to diagnose and easy to fix too.........post up some pics if you can............