Yanmar 2310

/ Yanmar 2310 #1  

mike48

Bronze Member
Tractor
branson 2910i
Hi,
can anyone tell me about the yanmar 2310 tractor and what eqipment I can use with It, maybe a frontloader.

Thanks! Mike48

/ Yanmar 2310 #2  
Hi Mike,

Welcome. (Sure as much as I know)> It's a 3 cylinder 26 engine HP with shuttle shift. Probably use any 5' implement on the rear. A FEL is excellent with that transmission, but 4WD would sure make it easier to steer. The 'D' model (YM2310D) is the 4WD.

You have one or thinking of buying one?

Regards, Mark

/ Yanmar 2310
Thanks Mark,
yes got a the 2310 this past week guess i can do a lot with this with the right equipment, will a fel work with this tractor? or maybe a box blade, bushhog.

Thanks! mike

/ Yanmar 2310 #4  
I have an Fx24D which is sim in size but a little newer.

The info I have says you tractor was made in either 80-81 and tips the scales right at 2000#.

At the bottom of my post you can see what equipment I have for it. As Mark has said, 5' implements should be no problem but your conditions may be different than mine. The only regret I have is if I had to do it over again, I would have ordered the 5' bucket for the loader.

Haven't had my rig long enough to know how it will respond to the spring grass in the pasture but don't see any reason why I should have any. The 1300 series tiller is 53" wide cut and it did a great job on some old pasture that hadn't been turned in more than 30 yrs.

I think you'll run into conditions at some point where you wished you had the 4wd but hopefully not too frequently. I'd advise if you have not already done so is to fill the tires with calcium cloride for some added weight. It will be very much appreciated if you put a FEL on the tractor.

These are great tractors.

/ Yanmar 2310 #5  
power steering would b nice with fel . makes it easy to steer with a loaded bucket.

/ Yanmar 2310
Thanks,
for the re, well I have 10 acres up In southeast Ga and just had 2 acres of timber cut for the sawmill trying to get It cleaned up, It Is mostly hight ground, so maybe the 2310 will be ok for that. may get a loader later on, going to get a boxblade and bushhog next week. will be moving back up there when I retire, Just trying to get It ready. sounds like a great tractor for light work, My first.

Thanks! Mike

/ Yanmar 2310
Forgot,
were do you get the calcium cloride for the tires?

Mike

/ Yanmar 2310 #8  
You might want to just get windshield washer fluid for them. It cost less and not at caustic.

/ Yanmar 2310 #9  
Hey Dick does the washer fluid work good, just wondering never heard or thought about using it, heard about antifreeze, but it now cost a lot, I know on my bosses MF 35 tire we took to the John Deere dealer and had it filled, cost a lot, I don't know what they use, but for the price it must be some good stuff, one last question, did you fill if your self or have it done, if you did how did you do it, and it being mostly water do you ever have to change it, if you don't have a flat.. Thanks Robert

/ Yanmar 2310 #10  
You can purchase a devise to fill your tires with water useing a garden hose. Cost about 5 bucks at most any hardware or tractor supply store. Windsheel washre fluid will not rust your wheels or freeze. you can also add weights to the wheels. You will also want to add weight to the front of the tractor. The 2310 has a high power to weight ratio. It was designed to drive a tiller not pull ground engaging equipment but adding weith to it will enable ti to handel the blade and bushhog very will. A compact tractor can do almost anything that a larger tractor can do it just requires more time and a little planning to ensure save operation.