Oil & Fuel Help changing Fuel and Hydraulic Filter - FX22

/ Help changing Fuel and Hydraulic Filter - FX22 #1  

martybhawk

Tractor
Yanmar FX22
Fuel - I tried to change filter and did not pay attention to how it was assembled. Filter is 2" diameter abt 5 or 6" long. One end is solid and other has hole in it. There is also a spring that goes somewhere. Looks like a shaft up inside fuel assembly. Does spring go in bottom of fuel bowl with solid end of filter pressed down against it and hole side of filter goes up onto shaft? I tried this and seems to fit but I cannot get fuel into bowl. Pressed valve button above filter, still no fuel. There is also a valve button below and to the right of the bowl.

Hydraulic - Where is the filter? What is procedure for changing and filling with fresh fluid? What kind of fluid?

Oil - Should I use special kind for diesel engines?

This is my first tractor and all this is new?

/ Help changing Fuel and Hydraulic Filter - FX22 #2  
Welcome to the group. The hole in the filter goes up. The spring goes at the bottom of the fuel bowl under the filter and pushes it into place onto the tube you mentioned. You will need to pump the hand pump while holding the valve button down until the bowl is full. If you tried to start the engine before the bowl was full you will need to bleed other places as well. The hyd filter is under the left foot rest or under near the seat on the back. Usually it is painted black. You need to use an oil specifically for diesel engines. Usually a 15W40 weight oil but it depends on your climate.

Aaron
Parts@HoyeTractor.com
(940)438-0386

/ Help changing Fuel and Hydraulic Filter - FX22
Where is the hand pump? There are 2 push valves near the fuel bowl??? I have not tried to start yet so I should be OK with that.

Hydraulic - when I take off the filter, will all the fluid drain from there or is there a drain plug like when you drain the engine oil? Also, where do you fill the fluid at? Do I have to bleed the lines and if so, where?

Thanks so much for your help.

/ Help changing Fuel and Hydraulic Filter - FX22 #4  
The hand pump is a little round pump on the side of the injection pump. It has a lever on the left side and 2 fuel lines coming out of the top side.

The spin on hyd filter on that model will only leak out the oil that is in the filter and lines. There is also a hyd screen located on the right side of the transmission behind a 3 bolt plate that needs to be cleaned and replaced. It will give you a nice bath if you do not drain the oil before removing. The oil drain plug is at the bottom of the transmission. The hydraulic system will bleed itself in a few seconds after you start the tractor.

Hope this helps
Aaron
Parts@HoyeTractor.com
(940)438-0386