Idle to low

/ Idle to low
Hi Dick,
Well got the throttle working for a while but now when I go to stop the engine It will only go to idle down to around 300 rpm's half to put my foot under the floor peddle to make It shut off, Are there 2 springs that works the throttle? can only find one.

Thanks Mike48 /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Idle to low #12  
No there is only one spring. Sounds like you need to go down and loosen the two nuts on the rod, and shorten the stroke some. You know loosen the one closest to you, and tighten the one on the bottom. You should have it so it quits moving a little before the lever is all the way to the stop. I have a little less than 1/4 inch free play, so it is really shut off, before the lever is all the way forward.

/ Idle to low
Ok,
I will try that and let you know!
Mike48

/ Idle to low
Thanks Dick,
well I just put some wd40 on It and It works fine.

Thanks for the help /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Mike48

/ Idle to low #15  
I shut off my 1602D by pulling out the fuel shut off lever......

/ Idle to low #16  
The only fuel shutoff lever is the throttle. You must be referring to the decompression lever.

/ Idle to low #17  
If he is talking about the decompression lever, just think, he will soon be asking how to fix his motor. I don't know why, if someone gets a tractor, they don't ask, the one they buy it from, what does what, instead of just doing something and haveing no idea what they are doing. Because if its the wrong thing, it will cause problems somewhere down the road. Maybe he isn't talking about the decompression lever, so he may be ok. But a lot of others are doing these things.

/ Idle to low #18  
Well, sorry to diasappoint you guys, but I do know where my decompression lever is, and I only use it for cold starting.....

Below the throttle lever on the right side of my 1602D is another rod , it's purpose is to shut off the fuel, the engine dies immediately when I pull it out.........

I'll see if I can find a pic that shows it

/ Idle to low #19  
On my Ym2020 theere is a second leaver I pull to shut the engine off. When the throttle leaver is moved to the idle stop the engine will run at about 800 rpm. There is an adjustment or idle speed. On The 1500 idle is controled by Thottle position. There is a tension adjustment on the throuttle leaver to keep the govenor springs from moving the leaver during operation.