Idle to low

/ Idle to low #1  

mike48

Bronze Member
Tractor
branson 2910i
I own a YM2310 It idles at about 600 rpm's how do you idle this thing up It will shut down at this rpm.

Thanks! Mike48

/ Idle to low #2  
I have a YM1700 and that's how you shut it down, by moving the throttle to it's lowest point. It's set to where it will shut down at that point. There's no other way to shut the engine down.

/ Idle to low #3  
Unless there is something different, my YM2000 and other Yanmars I have been arround dont have an idle. Idle is set by where you put the stick. Recomended idle is 1000RPM from what I'm told. I would never run mine lower than that, honestly I try to keep mine at least 1200RPM for cool down idle.

/ Idle to low #4  
Low idle speed should be 800. But you control that by where you set the throttle. You shouldn't try to run it below that, as it will stop, and not sure you won't hurt the engine, as its not suppose to run below 800.

/ Idle to low #5  
My little 1110 has a detent on the throttle where the engine was supposed to idle. I found the engine would die before the throttle would reach the detent. There is a turn buckle on the throttle linkage and by adjusting the buckle, I was able to get the detent to be at the correct speed. Now pushing the throttle forward of the detent causes the engine to die.

/ Idle to low
Thanks Guys,
If I let go of the lever It will stop the engine, I will check the "T" rod and see If i can Idle It on up.

Thank! Mike48

/ Idle to low #7  
You say if you let go of it, that it will stop the engine. Are you saying it goes by itself? That should not be, sounds like you need to tighten something up.

/ Idle to low
Hi,
Yes after the start when I let go of the lever It will idle down to about 500 rpm's and stall out, the lever Is not staying In one place,maybe something Is lose I will check for that.

Thanks! Mike48

/ Idle to low #9  
Its been a while since I have looked at mine but there should be a friction nut or something there to keep the throttle handle from moving unless you want it to.

/ Idle to low #10  
My YM1700 has a friction disk right where the lever joins. And there is a nut on the back you can tighten to make it tighter. Yours is probably the same. You should have to push it with some effort. As when you run, it should stay where you put it, to keep the same speed, to work with.