Loader spec

/ Loader spec #1  

Rexnfx400

Tractor
YM186D
Hi everyone!
I recently purchased a YM 186D with a factory FEL, I think its factory /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Well, the thing is, it seems a little weak while lifting dirt. I get only a little over half load of wet dirt and it won't lift the loader. I have the owners manual and service manual but neither say anything about how much weight the loader should handle. Actually, no references to the loader or pump at all. It has a hydaulic pump running off the drive pulley of the engine just for the loader. I disassembled the pump and it looks very nice inside. But then again, I'm used to looking at pumps for automatic transmissions:)

Am I expecting too much from this little awesome machine? It don't "feel" like I am. Just seems it should have a little more lift/curl power. Maybe I should splice into the pump on the side of the engine? Any actual specs on this loader available? Maybe I could fit a better pump on it? Any and all thoughts would be helpful.

Rex

/ Loader spec #2  
There is an adjustment on the valve where you can turn up the pressure, you should be able to lift 650 lbs.
Or your lift cylinders may need to be repacked, worn seals will reduce the lift capacity.
I doubt the pump is going bad, they seem to last a long time.

/ Loader spec #3  
I don't have a FEL, but from what I read, compact tractors with FEL's running off the tractor's hydraulic pump are capable of lifting the rear of the tractor off the ground if the bucket is overloaded, or will lift the front of the tractor using bucket downforce.

/ Loader spec #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I don't have a FEL, but from what I read, compact tractors with FEL's running off the tractor's hydraulic pump are capable of lifting the rear of the tractor off the ground if the bucket is overloaded, or will lift the front of the tractor using bucket downforce. )</font>

Mine does.

/ Loader spec #5  
Hard to know the specs without knowing the model. It should be able to lift the load you describe unless it has an exceptionally large bucket. When it is lifting is there a squeeling sound? You should test the pressure to see if the pump is good or you have a different problem.

/ Loader spec #6  
Mine will do that easily, but they claim mine is oversized ( a Koyker 160 on a 1602D) for the tractor, to me it's just what it came with........

/ Loader spec #7  
Due to the increased weight of the loader the 160 mounted on a YM1602 has less lifting capacity than an 80 mounted on the same tractor. Both can lift more than I though.

Buck

/ Loader spec
Model Sticker on loader says "Yanmar YFL 186 Loader"
Chicago Ill

It will lift the front of the tractor. But it also has 600lbs of ballast on 3 point.

Real low volume resonating noise when it won't lift anymore, like when at max lift. Also, the control valve. Seems to have a inlet and outlet except the outlet says "PB" and where it says "outlet" its not drilled or plumbed. (I'm too new at these hydraulics lol) So the "PB" is dumping into the resevoir, in the FEL? I'm confused /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I thought that ment "power beyond"?

I shall start with a pressure gauge and book on hydraulics /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks for your comments!

Some more hints?

/ Loader spec
FIXED!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif There was a filter/screen in the resevoir. Looked like it hadn't been cleaned for many years. I just didn't think there was a filter in that fitting on the loader itself.

Merry Christmas

Rex