Which PTO speed do I use for my PTO generator?

/ Which PTO speed do I use for my PTO generator? #2  
The correct answer is going to be set by your generator, not by your tractor. If you are located in the USA and if hte generator is designed for use in the USA, then it is very likely (probably about 99% likely) that the generator is set up to run at 540 rpm.

/ Which PTO speed do I use for my PTO generator? #3  
You asked this same question a couple days ago... Didn't like the answers??

here's the link... the message is only halfway down the page.

Original thread, same name

Soundguy

/ Which PTO speed do I use for my PTO generator?
Yes, I DO like the answers from a couple of days ago. I couldn't find them. Shoulda done a search. If 540 is my lowest PTO speed, what are the other two speeds? My generator is from Northern Hydraulics, so I assume it's a USA Market generator.

/ Which PTO speed do I use for my PTO generator? #5  
1st 533rpm
2nd 837rpm
3rd 1326rpm

Danny

/ Which PTO speed do I use for my PTO generator? #7  
A couple ways to find your old posts
Click your user name at "who's online" and go to your home page with stats. Then click "previous posts" from the selections at the bottom, and your list of posts will show up (if the list is up to date). Yours shows the previous post as of 2/3/06.
Another way is to go to the forum you posted in previously.
A third is to do a search (and again, hope that the searched postings are up to date, and have not lagged behind which happens).
/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Most standard US PTO's on the rear are 540 rpm.

/ Which PTO speed do I use for my PTO generator? #8  
Depending upon size of generater and tractor, you might be able to use the second speed on the pto and throttle back to point where the pto was turning 540 rpm.

/ Which PTO speed do I use for my PTO generator? #9  
That would be the best way to work the tractor while it is not in it's power band.

Most tractors i see are geared so that pto rpm is at a strong point in the power band for the engine.. otherwise they would be way less usefull.

Unless he is only hwanting to draw half the kw that his engine would otherwise put out.. I'd stay in the correct gear.

Soundguy