Silver Member

Default yanmar new tractors

will there be a market for the yanmar when they break away from JD. or should i say, do u think the jd guys will think it is not as good as a jd because it is not green and yellow?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    3 Yanmars

Default Re: yanmar new tractors

yes and no.
    marketing will take care of lots of these questions in an open market - history and experience will grow the market place. Think about the market that JD will have to compete in (or Yanmar for that matter), is it a very large space? I'm not sure, but they'll still have the larger tractor and very small lawn/tractor market captive... and they'll have the un-informed consumer for all other products (not saying they are marketing bad products- just saying there are choices...)

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    YM2000

I agree with Art, look at the American car manufacturers right now.. Competition and the overhead they have from operating so many years makes it very difficult to compete with Japan, now when China breaks in, look out....Lots of changes need to be mad in the way things are currently done in order for them to survive.. The imports have the advantage, heck we give it to them...

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    yanmar1700bd

Just my opinion but I believe everything's about the allmighty dollar, or yen etc. Not many people these days can or want to afford a new 15-20k and up machine. Especially if there is minimum or no profit generated from their machine. Hense, the grey and Chinese markets. Foreign auto's and motorcycles origionally came on the market for a more ressonable and economical price than their american counter parts thusly generating a demand for the "throw away" vehicle. Why would not the same be true for tractors? Buy it. Get my $worth out of it. Trash it when it's done and buy another if needed.

Tractor
    Deere 4310, Kubota L355, John Deere SST18 Spin Steer, 2006 Polaris Ranger

Charlie,

Where does your resentment of John Deere stem from? I have looked at your previous posts and there is a regular pattern of anti John Deere remarks. Were you done wrong by John Deere at some time? If you chose another brand that is fine but why bash Deere at every oppurtunity? Before you accuse me of being blinded by green, I also have a kubota and a Bolens, and have had Ford, Yanmar, Hinomoto and Deutz Allis.