3 point "bounces" when using FEL

/ 3 point "bounces" when using FEL #1  

FL_Jerry

Silver Member
Tractor
YM 2000
3 point \"bounces\" when using FEL

This kind of ties in with a previous post I had about hooking up they lines for my Koyker 120 on my YM2000BD. I didn't notice till I put my bush hog on that when I use my FEL the 3 point raises up and returns to the previous level when I stop using the FEL.

I called Koyker and made sure that I had the power beyond hooked up correctly. I have a Joystick control that has the usual input from the pump and out to the high pressure line to the 3 point. I have a return line hooked into a port by the large knob under the seat.

Koyker suggested I adjust the control with the roll pin under the seat and I did that without success. If the 3 point control is all the way down, the 3 point doesn't move if I use the FEL. I can close the big knob under the seat and the FEL works without moving the 3 point.

I'm not sure how this setup operates to troubleshoot it. I know I could go to a simple in/out system on the high pressure line, if Koyker tells me how to plug the joystick. I'd really like to leave the power beyond setup if I can.

I changed the fluid and cleaned the screen when I did the install. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jerry
YM2000, box blade, kyoker 120, bushhog.

/ 3 point "bounces" when using FEL #2  
Re: 3 point \"bounces\" when using FEL

I would plumb the power beyond to dump into the tranny and not a port under the seat. I suspect that is your problem. If you do away with the PBY and run an open center configuration and everything works properly, then you know the pBY is incorrect.

/ 3 point "bounces" when using FEL

I don't want to go into my fill cap so is there another place to dump into the tranny? Could I have a T put on the suction tube running to the pump and dump back there?

Jerry

/ 3 point "bounces" when using FEL #4  

Not sure about your model but mine had a plug on the side of the trans where my return line goes. On the right side (am I remembering the correct side?) and close to and about same level as the rear axle.

/ 3 point "bounces" when using FEL

I'll try the temp bypass this weekend just to verify. So far I can't find another port into the housing so I may be stuck till I figure something out.
What I think is happening is the loader is forcing fluid back into the 3ph control valve and moving the spool valve over to let fluid in the 3ph cyl. to raise the hitch. This would mean however that the fluid in the oposing chamber would have to exit out the pressure port normally feeding the valve. If that's happening, the pby line to the hitch has to be losing pressure to be able to accept the fluid from the 3ph. There is a small leak where the pressure line attaches to the valve so I ordered two new copper washers for it. I'm not sure the leak is big enough to let the pressure bleed off.

I also have to find out why the return port isn't allowing the fluid to return fast enough. In addition,if there were a seal issue, I would assume that the 3ph wouldn't stay in position during normal operation, which it does. As soon as fluid returns to the 3pt valve, it corrects itself to the previously set level.

I know that I can take the simple route if needed and forget the pby config, but it is a challenge at this point to make it work like Koyker says it should:) At any rate, thanks for all the help.