1500D (old style) front drive Dbl Bevel Gears

/ 1500D (old style) front drive Dbl Bevel Gears #1  

MichiganBilly

TBN Yanmar Guys,

This board has served as a wonderful source of knowledge, entertainment, and great ideas ever since I bought my Yanmar in 2002. I really need some help from all of you Yanny folks out there.

I've been searching for about 3 years now for the 1-piece double bevel gear for the front outer drive housings on an old style 1500D. This is the double bevel gear (1-pc) that rides on the king pin spindle shaft. In the 'parts' manual that I have I believe it's listed as 1-pc double bevel gear Part #46.

My gears were junk when I bought the tractor, and I've cobbled them twice by welding up the teeth, cutting with a wire EDM, and touching up teeth with a die grinder. There's not much left of them now, and I've only used 4WD when absolutely necessary.

I plan to put in several acres of food plots for wildlife this year, and I will probably need the 4WD for plowing. In general, it would just be really nice not to be stuck using this thing as a 2WD tractor all of the time.

Does anyone out there know where I can find good used gears or new aftermarket gears? I've talked with Len, Anna, Tullahoma, and many others to no avial. There have been rumors of an aftermarket production run in Japan, but it hasn't happened yet (at least that I'm aware of).

Any help with these parts would be sincerely appreciated!!!!

BillyBob

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ 1500D (old style) front drive Dbl Bevel Gears #2  
Bill, I answered your direct e-mail.

Danny

/ 1500D (old style) front drive Dbl Bevel Gears #3  
You might try Gordon Maynard at Bird and Maynard Equipment, (256-776-9435), in Al. he recently posted on another forum, (SSB Tractors), that he is parting out several Yanmars.