converting hand throttle to foot throttle on 1500

/ converting hand throttle to foot throttle on 1500 #1  

Cherokee_John

Tractor
Yanmar 1500
Has anyone heard of this being done or done it themselves? <font color="red"> </font>

/ converting hand throttle to foot throttle on 1500 #2  
Attached:

Throttle assembly diagram from the 'Optional Parts' section of YM240 (YM2000) Operation Manual, in case you need to fabricate one yourself.

/ converting hand throttle to foot throttle on 1500 #3  
No need to convert, it came as an option and parts can be ordered from a Yanmar dealer.

/ converting hand throttle to foot throttle on 1500 #4  
Even after making the conversion, you may discover you use it very little.

It works well on very smooth surfaces but off road, it is subject to uneven RPM changes when your foot and the tractor vibrate from the rough surfaces.

/ converting hand throttle to foot throttle on 1500 #5  
I have to second Mark's comment. Have a foot throttle on my tractor and it is used very little even when doing nothing but moving from point A to B.

/ converting hand throttle to foot throttle on 1500 #6  
I have to agree, my 1602D has a fot throttle and about the only time I use it is when in close quarters and usually when using the FEL.........

/ converting hand throttle to foot throttle on 1500 #7  
I have one on both my tractors and I use them all the time. When I'm mowing I use the hand throttle but other times I use it more than hand throttle.

/ converting hand throttle to foot throttle on 1500 #8  
i almost exclusively use the foot throttle. I use the hand throttle when I'll be doing consistent rpm tasks such as mowing... but this is just me... either way, i think it's a real plus to having both to use...

/ converting hand throttle to foot throttle on 1500
Thank You to everyone who has responded to my question. This really gives me some things to think about.

/ converting hand throttle to foot throttle on 1500 #10  
If it were me, after reading all these replies, I would go here and order about $40 worth of the major parts. For the money and effort, I would much rather have a foot throttle than not.