weep hole drip

/ weep hole drip #1  

chas123

My ym2000 has a drip from the weep hole. Does that mean I have ro replace the water pump right away?

/ weep hole drip
My ym2000 has a drip from the weep hole. Does that mean I have ro replace the water pump right away?

/ weep hole drip #3  
You should before the bearing goes out and the fan ends up in the radiator!

/ weep hole drip #4  
You should before the bearing goes out and the fan ends up in the radiator!

/ weep hole drip #5  
Can't say it any better than that. At best.. I'v turned a vehicle off to stop the drip, rubbed a dab of silicon int he weep hole, and then drove on to get it to a place that I could fix it.. but otherwise.. yes.. a drippy pee hole means a bad seal.. a bad seal usually means a loose bearing.. or, int he case of just the seal failing, thent he water can get in and corode the bearing, and then it will fail.. just a matter of time..

Soundguy

/ weep hole drip #6  
Can't say it any better than that. At best.. I'v turned a vehicle off to stop the drip, rubbed a dab of silicon int he weep hole, and then drove on to get it to a place that I could fix it.. but otherwise.. yes.. a drippy pee hole means a bad seal.. a bad seal usually means a loose bearing.. or, int he case of just the seal failing, thent he water can get in and corode the bearing, and then it will fail.. just a matter of time..

Soundguy