Compared to Kubota...

/ Compared to Kubota... #1  

vallyfarm

Silver Member
I've been looking towards getting a Yanmar, but found a Kubota 7000 4wd with a snowblower and a Kubota 4ft tiller. Is this a good buy? It has only 496 hrs. on it and looks almost new. Also, are there any Yanmar dealers in the Upstate NY area (Saratoga Springs)? Thanks for any help. Mike

/ Compared to Kubota... #2  
Suggest you post this in the Kubota forum...

As to a good buy... need info on price...

Certainly the hours are not a worry... my Kubota is sitting right at the same number of hours... I would seek to find out about how it has been maintained... 4WD is a great feature, assuming you nee it.

Somebody from up north needs to weigh in on your query. Also, it would help if you described what purpose you need a tractor for....

/ Compared to Kubota...
The tractor would be used mostley for the strawberries, and veggie market garden I grow(approx. 5 acres) I also posted a simmilar question on the Kubota side, but from what I have seen here, the Yanmar people ar alot more active and helpfull. But basically I need to pull a ! bot. plow, rototill, cultivate.etc. with it. I would also need to put a small loader on it later on to clean out the goat barn. I've got 100 acres, and have several larger tractors to do the baleing, etc. with. This one would be just to be small and light and manuverable enough to get all the small jobs in the market garden done. Thanks for any help, Mike

/ Compared to Kubota...
SORRY... it is a kubota 7100. Hope this can help. thanks Mike

/ Compared to Kubota... #5  
The quality is excellent, and the hours on that one is like 15k miles on a year-old car.

If it's the right size for your application and the price is reasonable, I wouldn't hesitate to get it.

/ Compared to Kubota... #6  
My neighbor has had a 4WD Kubota 7100 that he bought new in the late 80's. It's got almost 2000 hours on it and he still loves it. Your only problem might be weight when you try to pull the plow. You may need some wheel and front weights for that, depending on your soil and how aggressive you get with the plow.

/ Compared to Kubota... #7  
I have a 93 Kubota B7100HST with 2300+ hours on it.

Only drawback is lack of power steering.

I only have a rototiller so I can't say anything about plowing but suspect it would pull one 12 Inch bottom under most conditions.

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Compared to Kubota... #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( suspect it would pull one 12 Inch bottom under most conditions )</font>
At 1040# and with 16" rear tires, I would have to see it pull that plow to believe it.

/ Compared to Kubota... #9  
Concerning the plow, I have a YM1500D and pull a 12" single bottom plow. On previously worked soil it's not a problem, however when I put in a new plot (40' x 100') last fall in an area of sod over clay, my 1500 had her hands full. I placed three JD 45lb suitcase weights on the front to give the front wheels some action and I run the original rice tires on the rear. The tractor without accessories weighs about 1450lbs. This coming fall, when I plow it again, it will go much easier. I can get about 8" deep. According to LMTC, your about 400lbs less. You might be OK if you can get the traction. For me, HP is not the issue; it's entirely traction.