3110d Tie Rod torque specs

/ 3110d Tie Rod torque specs #1  

jab

Recently bent my Tie Rod so removed it and my neighbor straightened it out perfectly. Don't want to over torque and strip the threads nor under torque and not have it seated properly so does anyone know what the torque spec is for fastening it back onto the axle. My manual does not list the torque specs. Thanks.

/ 3110d Tie Rod torque specs #2  
Do yourself a big favor and make REAL sure your front wheels are lined perfectly straight!
Jim

/ 3110d Tie Rod torque specs #3  
jab,
is the tire rod supposed to be completely straight?? How did your neighbor straightened if I might ask b/c I posted last week with the same problem on my 3110d. Sounds like to me yanmar might have had a flaw.

/ 3110d Tie Rod torque specs #4  
goatpharmerx said:
jab,
is the tire rod supposed to be completely straight?? How did your neighbor straightened if I might ask b/c I posted last week with the same problem on my 3110d. Sounds like to me yanmar might have had a flaw.

Flaws don't show up after 25 years.

/ 3110d Tie Rod torque specs #5  
goatpharmerx said:
jab,

It is supposed a slight bend in it.

Danny

/ 3110d Tie Rod torque specs
goatpharmerx, You asked how my neighbor straightened the Tie Rod. He used a 20 ton press and did it without heat. He stated that he did not want to chance disturbing the temper with heat.
Danny, As I live in Union Grove which is near Fredrick's in Hartselle Alabama, I dropped by and asked the parts folks if the Tie Rod was designed straight and based upon the pictorial in their parts manual it is straight. I also glanced at some other Yanmar models while there and I believe the Tie Rods were straight but I did not get underneath the tractors for a close inspection. I don't know which is correct but I checked the Toe-in after reinstalling the Tie rod and it was perfect without adjustment. I don't believe the Tie rod was defective but it is not very robust for that size tractor. I also had the Pitman Arm to recently break on my 3110d and my same neighbor (who is a master welder) that repaired the Tie Rod welded it back to the original shape. We noticed that it had rust in part of the crack which indicated that the fracture was not new and he pointed out that the metal contained a lot of imperfections in the casting. Thanks for your help.

/ 3110d Tie Rod torque specs #7  
thanks for the response. I paid $20 at the local machine shop here in Geneva,AL and mine is now reasonable straight. I have not had a chance to reinstall it and see what it looks like.

Thanks
Michael