ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!!
Thanks for the replies and being so supportive. I really think i'll like my YM2000. I'm confident that if I have a problem, Stuart will take care of it........He even gave me references to a couple people who bought a tractor from him. One of them was in my state, not too far from me.......I called the man and probably talked for about 20 min. or so.........At the end of the conversation, I asked him to rate his overall experience with RCO on a scale from 1-10, 10 being well satisfied. He said he rates them with a 10+.

Travis

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #12  
Welcome to Yanmar world! I bought my 1602D pretty much with no advance knowledge, from an individual, and it's been a great tractor, I'm sure you're gonna like yours too.....

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #13  
I have vn recon I bought out of the Ft Worth area. It is a Vina tractor. Your tractor maybe a Vina tractor also. I have had good luck with mine. This is always a heated discussion on here.
Congratulations to you on your well thought out purchase of a good machine from a well known reliable dealer.

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #14  
Travis,

Congratulations! You'll love the yanmar. And RCO/Stuart will treat you right. I think you made the right choice for yourself.

And, either outright disregard or take with a HUGE grain of salt any innuendo or slam towards your tractor. kenmac probably don't own a re-con, hasn't tried one, and probably doesn't have first hand experience with one (or maybe he does). i think a lot of these comments fly from perpetuated propanda and heresay. I'll leave it at that.

Congrats again, and I really hope you enjoy your tractor!! :D

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #15  
It means what ever you want it to mean. I won't bring up the old discussions as it relates to vn rebuilds, as it has been discussed here many times b-4. For what ever reason you took the vn rebuild route when you purchased a tractor .As I said, I wish you all the luck in the world with your tractor . AS in I hope you don't have any problems, your dealer will be there for you, etc; I'am sorry If you read something else into it that wasn't there.

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #16  
Travis_R said:
Hey ya'll,

I ordered a Yanmar YM2000 today from Stuart with RCO TRACTOR in Dallas,Texas. Hopefully, it will be here this week. It is a Vietnam 'recon'. I've thought about it and thought about it but I don't care where it was reconditioned as long as I get good service out of it.... I have hear some bad stories on these tractors, BUT, I have to admit, i've HEARD MORE GOOD than bad. I think it just depeds on the dealer- and which "factory" it was reconditioned at in Vietnam.....Apparently I don't think alot of people understand there is more than one reconditioning factory over there. A deciding factor for me to purchase it was that Stuart said he would stand behind the tractor 100%....Thats what I'm looking for.........Just like my Mahindra dealer (Singleton Sales & Service on Hwy. 10 in Franklinton, LA) did when I purchased it.........By the way, I am NOT going to sell my Mahindra..........I now will have 2 tractors! (and 2 loan notes!)

Anyway, i'll let you know how everything goes-.....from delivery to seat time, from hours to problems (if any), and problems to solutions.

I ALSO WANT TO SAY THANKS TO STAN HOYE WITH HOYE TRACTOR, DANNY PARKER WITH PARKER EQUIPMENT, AND WAYNE WITH LITTLE MIAMI TRADING COMPANY FOR THEIR TIME WITH THE PHONE CALLS AND SENDING E-MAIL TO ME. I will be buying parts and other things from them in the future.......(I have a 6 month parts and labor warranty with RCO.)

Well anyway, glad to now be a member of the Yanmar forum.
Travis R
Don't let anyone beat you down. I think highly of RCO tractor, although I did not buy my tractor from them, I talked at length with Stuart, visited at least a dozen websites, have seen pictures of RCO"S tractors, have heard positive reviews from another person I know who bought one from them. This place does not put a fresh paint over it and call it quits, they dissassemble everything, inspect, replace, check out, and then paint, new tires as well if need be. Good luck on your tractor. It is true that there are bad recons out there but you picked a great dealer, they even have a quality loader that they sell (their own brand)

Thanks for all the replies.........

I was having a problem getting my father and my grandfather to "accept" me buying a tractor out of state site unseen. They made comments like, "You don't know what your're gettin", or "It might be a scam. Don't send your money like that. You don't know where its going."

BUT, after Stuart sent the 9 pictures to me, I overheard them talking and Daddy said, "Its a fine tractor ain't it." Then, Paw-Paw replied, "Yeah, it sure is."

Travis

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #18  
yeah, it is a leap of faith to send money out like that, but don't worry, these guys are good and you'll come out on the other side, happily too.

Arthr31,

Thanks for the encouragement with my tractor and RCO........Stuart talked good about you also.

Travis

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #20  
here i go again, replying to myself, surely a sign of trouble. My earlier posts were not, and should not, be construed as direct support for vn recons, but that there aren't only *bad* recons out there. With that said, RCO has a very high-quality Quality Assurance process and hand picks units which they resell, whether it be recon or not. Bottomline here, kenmacs first response did a number of things- a. damaged travis' pride over a new purchase; b. deflated the value / perceived value, etc of travis' newly purchased tractor; c. dragged RCO unnecessarily thru the mud.

Not fair.

Be happy the fellow purchased a yanmar, be happy he purchased it thru a dealer who cares, be happy for him.

this re-con/non-re-con thing really has to stop. I think there are more re-con owners out there than most people think. And, when they don't know the exact pedigree of the tractor, well... then... who knows where across the world it came from..

Anyway, Travis and all, enjoy the yanmar!

Status
Not open for further replies.