ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!!
Mace,

How long have you had your tractor? HOW MANY HOURS IS ON IT?

Have you ever needed parts/service? If so, how did RCO take care of it?

Thanks,
Travis

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #32  
MDM said:
So true. I'm finding this out first hand with the difficulty I am having in selling my 2210D. No local interest at all and only a couple of hits by having it listed on EquipmentTrader - and one of those hits was a scam. I have a feeling I am going to have to take a big loss if I want to sell my Yanny.

Have you shined it up, including the tires, and parked it on the front of your property with a big "FOR SALE" sign?

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #33  
I am going against all I believe in and I will agree with arthr31. I was reading this discussion…. Angrily as usual when I was called to the mechanics shop. Walking through the shop I realized 8 out of the 9 tractors torn town for major repairs were walk-in vietcon recons. It totally changed my mindset. Please keep buying these vietcon tractors, my service dept has never been busier. We have added 2 full time mechanics this year just to support the vietcons sold by other dealers. And the really great part is their dealers and warranty is a gazillion miles away and I am right here. Same $$ to pay me to fix it as shipping in to get the warranty coverage. Win, win for me so…. my new take on vietcons is buy um up and buy from outside of your area, your local mechanic will love you for it.

Travis, the good news is that regardless of its salvaged history your YM2000 is an almost impossible model to kill. If I had a gun to my head that is the veitcon model I would pick.

Buck

It will be delivered in the morning!

Too bad I can't meet Stuart and John. I have to work and can't take off (4th day on my new job). My uncle will check it out and 'sign off' on it.

EFC,

I don't doubt that the tractors in your shop are vietnam recons. I do believe you are telling the truth......BUT, I also believe you 'putting down' on ALL the viet recons, which is wrong in my opinion......Apparently the owners didn't buy from a good dealer because if so, they would have took care of it........Stuart AND John, both with RCO, are very nice people. They have put up with a lot of phone calls and questions with me, which they should have because thats their job and I am purchasing a product from them...........What I am saying is I think you and alot of other people are speculating about ALL viet recon tractors in general, which is definiately wrong.......I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Its WHO you bought it from, not WHERE it came from (the reconditioners).......Hey, if my tractor blows up the first day, i'll post on here and let ya' know. I have no problem with that......I will ALSO let you know how RCO takes care of my problems, if any.........BUT I WILL NOT put down on them just cause I have a malfunction. I will talk to them first. BUT, if they don't take care of it, I WILL spread their name around so bad to where a fly wouldn't light on em'. THAT is with anything I buy from a dealer whether it be a truck, 4-wheeler, lawnmower, or a wheel barrow. Thats just the way I am..........When I bought my last 4-wheeler (2003 Honda Foreman 450 S 4x4) from G.N. Gonzales in Baton Rouge, LA that WAS my LAST one. FROM THEM ANYWAY. They ain't worth a .......I won't even buy a spark plug from em' now........I now deal with Brookhaven Honda in Mississippi. VERY good people to do business with. You get the picture?

Now on the other hand, if I keep having problems with my tractor AND RCO DOES fix them, I still probably wouldn't buy another from them, even though they made efforts......BUT in return, I WOULD NOT bad mouth them OR Vietnam reconditioned tractors.....I would just simply stay away, let it be, and go on about my business....See?

Again,...from the PMs and people I have talked to on the phone, I VERY SERIOUSLY DOUBT i'll have any problems with RCO Tractor.......I might have a few "glitches" with my tractor, but hey its man-made and mechanical.....All in all, if I get good results with RCO and my tractor, i'll definitely buy from them again.........and probably from other dealers too. I am maybe thinking about purchasing a few tractors and selling them........

The first dealer I would buy from besides RCO, would be Hoye tractor.....Also very, very nice people.

Buck, I have a question.....Even though I have a viet recon, would you still sell parts to me if the need should ever arrise?, OR do you despise vietnam reconditioned so much that you don't need to make money off of the parts?....I'm no way trying to be 'cocky' or smart ....I'm just trying to see where everybody (all dealers) stand.............The first and #1 place I'll look for parts will be RCO because thats where I bought it.

You know, I wonder if/when my tractor reaches 4000 HRS. and my hydraulics need rebuilding if people on here will still say "I told you to STAY AWAY from em'!"

Have a nice and safe day everybody, because I know I will.

Travis R

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #35  
I can guarantee they are veitcon tractors that are in my shop. I have been in this business for a few years and I know one when I see it. Our service manager also asks the customer when they drop it off if it was a reman model or not and the dealer they bought it from. We put that on the service order so the mechanics know. Why do the mechanics need to know??? Good question, hand made parts is why. On a veitcon salvaged tractor they have many hand made parts which means we have to know if factory parts will fit or if they have to be machined. We also know that the Vietnam is not against welding casings back together so we have to run a laser down housings to make sure the new bearings we put in and have a warranty on won’t fail. I can tell you all of this, I can show you pictures, I can even take you with me to the factories (I have visited all of them) and show you what you don’t want to see but it wont matter. You will believe what you want to believe and that is OK with me. I don’t have to live with the consequences. I don’t hate veitcon tractors or the people who buy them and I will sell parts to anybody with money and service anybody’s tractor for money. But, since veitcon remans have a fair amount of hand made or non OEM parts I cannot guarantee that they will fit. I know you don’t believe me but that is OK I still like you :)

Buck

No Sir,

I DO believe you. Thats not what i'm saying......but anyway, do you think ALL vietnam recons are bad? Honestly, have you ever had anyone bring their tractor in that was purchased from RCO tractor?????? If you don't want to say on here, please send me a PM or e-mail me at tricks@charter.net

Thanks a lot........P.S.....(I still like you too!)

Travis R

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #37  
"Walking through the shop I realized 8 out of the 9 tractors torn town for major repairs were walk-in vietcon recons."

Could it be that 8 out of 9 gray market Yanmars sold in this country are Vietnam rebuilds?

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #38  
normde2001 said:
Could it be that 8 out of 9 gray market Yanmars sold in this country are Vietnam rebuilds?

Probably not..........thousands of grey market Yanmars in this country.

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #39  
efc, i always enjoy reading your posts, very influential, and i believe, informative. Question tho- for you and the other dealers here, you write that you ask if the tractor is a reman and then the dealer they bought it from.. Why don't you guys tell us who the problematic dealers here? Are you worried about these negligent dealers taking legal action? Or, are you worried that the supply will dry up for even plain old used tractors if you start ratting out the "problematic" re-cond dealers?

It seems that a lot of the non-re-con dealers are steeped in pride, honesty, & integrity and actual heritage of the product they are selling, and that's all well and good. However, wouldn't such ethics find you embattled to tell who the problematic dealers are, at any cost? I find it all so ironic.

Not trying to stir the venom that was seen a week ago (and longer), I'm just very curious, and quite tired.

good night all. . .

MY YM2000 UPDATE:

I have been doing a good bit of finish mowing with my tractor........Actually, the 6' finish mower never comes off of it!........Thats JUST what I use the tractor for..............Now I might hook up my rear blade or something and "piddle" with it a few times during the winter just to keep everything working properly.

As far as the tractor and the purchase, I have NO complaints........I am 100% satisfied..............The tractor has a little over 29 hrs. on it now......Had 8.4 on it when it was delivered..............I used it today for 2 hrs. non- stop to cut the grass...........NOT ONE PROBLEM.........Well, I may have lied just a little..........I WISH I COULD KEEP IT SPOTLESS WHILE MOWING!!..........I would like to keep the paint as shiny and clean as possible......But I find that hard to do with a tractor that is used to work.......It is not for show, although I do get a LOT of compliments on it.........I do clean it when I am done though.

Anyway, I just wanted to post like I said I was going to do.............I am happy with it...........BUT IF I had to do it over again, I would have bought a slightly bigger tractor.........And NO, its NOT RCO's fault........I strictly told them that I wanted a YM2000........I would do business with them again.

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!

Travis R

Status
Not open for further replies.