ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #61  
California you are right ,Hoye just sits there quietly and sells parts as fast as he can to any one.If you need a part , He has never ask me were my tractor came from. Aaron even offer to help with out me buying a thing this week. That is why he had to move in a new 7,000 square foot warehouse.If thing keep going on here the way they are . The next time it may be 14,000 square foot warehouse.We not even going to talk about the 75 PM I got last weak and what people are saying on here.

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #62  
I am sure that Ernie will comment, but I will tell you one aspect of it. It is not uncommon for the viet recons to have parts from other tractors like Buppy69's example of the Hinomoto with the wrong hood and the Yanmar with Mitsubishi decals. Sometimes people don't know what they have. Suppose someone calls wanting an air filter for their YM2000 Yanmar when in reality they have a MT2201 Mitsubishi with YM2000 decals? I know that is not the case with all recons, but one of the other things that happens quite often, even within the same brand is using whatever fuel or air filter assembly they have on the shelf. The owner may indeed have a YM2000 but when they get that new cartridge insert for a YM2000 from Hoye or Ernie it doesn't fit. Then Hoye or Ernie look like they don't know what they are doing. To do right by the customer they cover shipping back on the filter and send them another. What are these guys supposed to do? Some owners are not going to know that their tractor is a recon either. Believe it or not but there are a lot of people out there in tractor land that have never been on TractorByNet, they don't live and breathe tractors the way a lot of us do. I am sure that there are some people that have to go look and see what the model number is before they call to order the parts. Those of us that have been anti recon are not against all of these dealers selling them, I am sure there are some good ones out there, like RCO, that took care of Travis. From where I stand here are the problems:

The claim that these tractors are completely rebuilt. Where is the prooof? If Travis's tractor had been completely rebuilt why was there a 50% blockage in the radiator?

Hour meters rolled back.

Mis-matched parts like I just mentioned.

Mis-labeling tractors as other brands.

Stating wrong year models (This happens way too much and this is across the board, recon and non recon.)

I am sure there are more issues that others will list.

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #63  
Gizmo36 said:
California you are right ,Hoye just sits there quietly and sells parts as fast as he can to any one.If you need a part , He has never ask me were my tractor came from. Aaron even offer to help with out me buying a thing this week. That is why he had to move in a new 7,000 square foot warehouse.If thing keep going on here the way they are . The next time it may be 14,000 square foot warehouse.We not even going to talk about the 75 PM I got last weak and what people are saying on here.
Good for Aaron, I hope his biss grows by 10X he will help keep us dealers going for years.
Now please tell me how many vietnamese tractor dealers do you see or have ever seen giving the advise the regular dealers do on this forum? pouring thru manuals 24/7 just to answer someones questions on why it wont start, please show us just one.
We have been at this since 1997 since the old yahoo yanmar club, then it joined TBN
We were the ones who started collecting manuals, parts, and tractors,studying all the crossover parts, and endured the lawyer threats from yanmar. Not the vietnamese dealers, they rode in on our good reputations and hard work.

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #64  
tractorErnie said:
Are you beginning to see why the responsible dealers dont want to support the vietnam reconditioned lie.
I could go on.....
Ernie

Ernie, i see why, i just thought the thread should be closed before the flames and feelings started to fly. Either way, i'm fine to continue listening here, and I do see the dealers perspective too, believe me...

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #65  
Same deal here with parts....we tell the customer they are responsible for ordering the right part. All too often with recons the customer does not know what they have, or it is a hybrid.

Now....with all that said....how many of you have gone to the link on my last post? WHY....why is it the recon sellers who play so fast and loose with the truth? I have the file saved from just a couple months ago where Travis's favorite dealer was advertising a 1983 YM1700. They STILL have a 1980 YM1500 advertised...and look at the VN ads...1980 YM1500, 2000, 2210, and 2500. Gosh, 1980 must have been a good year.

Bottom line....these sellers can't compete with good product so they go to the recons for lower pricing. One of them is advertising one of their few "reconditioned in the USA" units, a 1610D/ROPS/Koyker 80 loader, shipped 500 miles, for $8495. Not competitive. But they'll offer something cheaper when you start comparison shopping. Heck, I'll sell that outfit all day long to half the states east of the MS and a few west of it (AL, AR, north FL, GA, east IA, IL, IN, KY, LA, south MI, MS, NC, OH, PA, SC, TN, east TX, VA, south WI, WV) for that price, DELIVERED...and throw in the OR clutch for free, and a 4' rotary for $499 (to their $789). With 6 months warranty. That is on good product, direct from Japan, processed here. What I won't do is knowingly sell questionable goods to make my place in the market.

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #66  
Wayne, I still think you and those who accept the bogus refurbs are talking right past each other. You scorn a tractor if it isn't original and authentic, meanwhile most 30+ year old tractors whether import or domestic, have been patched up with non-oem parts. As these old tractors get sold for hobby use where a month of downtime isn't much of a problem, there are customers who accept these issues as a reasonable tradeoff for cheap price.

Look who those refurbs are selling against - 8n's and similar cheap old iron. Buyer beware.There is probably just as much misrepresentation in the old American iron as in the 'refurb' market. The rational customer will go to the auction or roadside dealer with a several hundred dollar reserve for after-purchase repairs, he knows anything sold that way is not ready to put into service. And I suppose some people have to learn this by experience if their pappy didn't tell them the facts of life. The hobby market is completely different from the guy who earns his living using his equipment and his tractor simply has to start in the morning.

As I see it, the nice paint on the refurbs is a nice bonus but all the old iron is about the same unless it is bought from a first class supporting dealer - buyer beware, you take your chances, and always budget something for getting it ready to use.

It's perfectly reasonable to attack a bogus dealer for fraudulent sales practices but after some poor turkey has bought any old equipment, American or gray, why give him a hard time? I would think it would be profitable to just sell him whatever he needs. And as I noted in replying to Ernie's post, with a real steep restocking fee so the customer soon is forced to figure out just what his refurb was built from.

Here's what my true-blue American Yanmar came with, straight from a True-Blue (firefighter, even!) American farmer.

First, I didn't get a picture of the 'original' fuel filter because I replaced it immediately. But this is a replica of what I found on it:
DSCN4308rYM240FuelFilter-old.JPG

I soon got manuals and realized that wasn't right, so I ordered a "Yanmar Diesel Fuel Filter, Bowl and Mount" [exact title of the ebay auction] from Corriher Implement Co., a true-blue American tractor dealer.

DSCN4309r.jpg

(I ran double filters for a while until I sorted out a rubbish-in-the-fuel problem. I think the American Farmer gave me a tank of pre-1993 high sulphur diesel judging by the nauseating exhaust stink.)

Ok, still not right. That "Yanmar Diesel Fuel Filter, Bowl and Mount" won't accept yanmar filter elements.

So I went to the local VN importer and watched them strip a filter assembly off a YM2000.

IMG_3186rFuelFilter2.jpg

Dang. still not right. I bought a fresh OEM filter element and realized I still needed a bowl to replace the unknown one that was on the VN refurb. Back to another ebay auction.

This sequence was a nuisance, but not expensive. Under $50 overall.

In summary - I got about the same level of 'service' from the good ol boy American sources as the VN importer. Buyer beware, I don't see any reason to consider those refurb importers as different from any other nonsupporting merchant. Just budget some money for post-sale setup of the refurbs same as if you are buying 30 year old anything.

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #67  
California said:
It's perfectly reasonable to attack a bogus dealer for fraudulent sales practices but after some poor turkey has bought any old equipment, American or gray, why give him a hard time? I would think it would be profitable to just sell him whatever he needs.
Where I have given someone a hard time JUST for buying the equipment? Buy it, fuss about it, then say how wonderful the seller is, and yes, I may respond. Buy it, make unreasonable claims supporting a seller who STILL misrepresents the model years, and yes, I might give someone a hard time. But find the place where someone posted nothing more than that they bought a recon and I gave them a hard time.

Most of this is about sales practices. Has been all along.

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!!
LMTC said:
Most of this is about sales practices. Has been all along.

LMTC,

I agree. You are 110% correct.

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!!
tractorErnie said:
We have been at this since 1997 since the old yahoo yanmar club, then it joined TBN
We were the ones who started collecting manuals, parts, and tractors,studying all the crossover parts, and endured the lawyer threats from yanmar. Not the vietnamese dealers, they rode in on our good reputations and hard work.

THIS is what its ALL about.........Just like I said a while back in one of my posts.............There are people on here who THINK they OWN the Yanmar forum...........Its all coming together.

There is a difference in giving valuable information and giving opinions.

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #70  
Travis_R said:
There is a difference in giving valuable information and giving opinions.

Sometimes opinions are valuable information!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.