Status
Not open for further replies.
   / ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #1  

Travis_R

Veteran Member
Tractor
'98 MASSEY FERGUSON 231
Hey ya'll,

I ordered a Yanmar YM2000 today from Stuart with RCO TRACTOR in Dallas,Texas. Hopefully, it will be here this week. It is a Vietnam 'recon'. I've thought about it and thought about it but I don't care where it was reconditioned as long as I get good service out of it.... I have hear some bad stories on these tractors, BUT, I have to admit, i've HEARD MORE GOOD than bad. I think it just depeds on the dealer- and which "factory" it was reconditioned at in Vietnam.....Apparently I don't think alot of people understand there is more than one reconditioning factory over there. A deciding factor for me to purchase it was that Stuart said he would stand behind the tractor 100%....Thats what I'm looking for.........Just like my Mahindra dealer (Singleton Sales & Service on Hwy. 10 in Franklinton, LA) did when I purchased it.........By the way, I am NOT going to sell my Mahindra..........I now will have 2 tractors! (and 2 loan notes!)

Anyway, i'll let you know how everything goes-.....from delivery to seat time, from hours to problems (if any), and problems to solutions.

I ALSO WANT TO SAY THANKS TO STAN HOYE WITH HOYE TRACTOR, DANNY PARKER WITH PARKER EQUIPMENT, AND WAYNE WITH LITTLE MIAMI TRADING COMPANY FOR THEIR TIME WITH THE PHONE CALLS AND SENDING E-MAIL TO ME. I will be buying parts and other things from them in the future.......(I have a 6 month parts and labor warranty with RCO.)

Well anyway, glad to now be a member of the Yanmar forum.
Travis R

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #2  
I'll be nice & say : I wish you all the luck in the world & leave it at that.

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!!
Well,

A man spends hard earned money on something- no matter what it be- and the first reply from someone on a message board, thinking someone would be excited as I was, and my heart dropped..... I'm sorry, but I just can't "leave it at that".

What do you mean by your comment?

Travis R

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #4  
Hey Travis, welcome to the Yanmar forum.

Enjoy your tractor!

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #5  
It probably means there is first hand experience with a troublesome tractor. This message board is fraught with horror stories and heated debate on the issue of VN recons, and with good reason. I wouldn't take it personally. If you bought it sight unseen, all you have to rely on is trust that the dealer is confident enough in the machine to back it up. During my own search for an affordable and reliable tractor, I ran into a couple of frankenstein's monsters. Machines that literally looked like they were hodgepodged from a dozen units. One was a labeled YM2000 that I was pretty sure had an engine from a 1700. I have a 2000 that is a recon, but it didn't appear to have been opened. Maybe I lucked out, 300 of my own hours and not a single problem yet. We really do wish you luck and good seat time.

Enjoy and keep us posted!

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #6  
welcome Travis You will like that 2000YM they are good Tractor's. Run it hard and have fun.

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #7  
Relax. You are going to love it.

You got a much better warranty than we read about on most VN recons. I think that is a good sign your unit was checked out thoroughly stateside and will be troublefree.

As for the model you chose, I have the US version of that same tractor and its excellent. I think you made the right choice.

Welcome to the family of Yanmar owners!

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #8  
Congratulations! May you be very happy with your new tractor. The fact that the dealer gives you a warranty is already a good indication. The other good thing for you is that you have easy access to spares in the USA. Over here in South Africa there is almost no spares available and everything I order from the States I need to multiply the cost X 6.5 for our currency and then add a LOT more for shipping. It becones a VERY expensive exercise. That is if you can get a dealer who is prepared to go to the hassle of shipping the parts here. I am still waiting for Hoye Tractor to indicate if they are prepared to ship parts to me. Bottom line is if anything goes wrong you are in a much better position to have it fixed!

Enjoy your new tractor!

Marnus

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #9  
Congratulations Travis. The YM2000 is a great little workhorse. Don't worry about the pedigree, I bought mine from a "roadside vendor" and have never had a problem with it.

Bruce

/ ORDERED YANMAR TODAY!!! #10  
Any make of tractor can have have problems considering the price the Yanmars are a good deal in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.