Shutting off my 3110d

/ Shutting off my 3110d #1  

bluegoose

Tractor
3110d Yanmar
I just bought a 3110d with fire damage. I got all the damage fixed and it starts and runs great. The problem is, I have to kill the engine with the decompression lever. I need some help.

/ Shutting off my 3110d #2  
Welcome Bluegoose,

If your model doesn't adjust the throttle linkage to kill the engine then you may have a small pull knob under the dash that is a 'fuel stop' and kills the engine that way. I am not sure on your model....but it has to be one or the other.

How extensive was the fire damage? I'm thinking of all the aluminum on these engines and repair can sometimes be very expensive.

We have several 3110D owners and I'm sure they'll correct me if I'm wrong.

Good Luck, Mark

/ Shutting off my 3110d #3  
It sounds like a throttle adjustment is in order.

/ Shutting off my 3110d #4  
My linkage make a slight clicking sound when not running when you pass the run or stop position. With the thottle pushed toward the front of the tractor it kills the engine.

/ Shutting off my 3110d #5  
Is there a button at the bottom of the hand throttle lever that pops out when you pull it forward? If so, when you shut down and push the lever back, push it in and turn off the key and it should stop.

/ Shutting off my 3110d
Thanks guys, It was a linkage problem. I now have the problem corrected.
Thanks again.
Ted

/ Shutting off my 3110d #7  
That 3110D is a great tractor .You'll love it !

/ Shutting off my 3110d
Kenmac,
I agree, I worked it today for 4 hours mowing in the hills. I love this little machine, and the power from the small tractor is amazing. I have a To20 Ferguson tractor that I usally mow with. The 3110 is way more powerful and the four wheel drive makes mowing on the inclines a snap! I like the powershift also.
Ted

/ Shutting off my 3110d #9  
I had a to20 . sold it & bought the 3110D That to20 is one tough little tractor . It takes me about 4 hrs. to hog the field .I hated to mow with that thing in hot weather for 4 hrs. When all the metal on that to20 got hot ,boy, it was hot !

/ Shutting off my 3110d #10  
Brent,how are things going with you ?