Best way to equalize and adust rear brakes

/ Best way to equalize and adust rear brakes #1  

Adam23

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500
This might be a dumb question, and I looked through the forums and am kinda confused because of the different type of brake systems on these tractors. I have a YM2310, and it seems like my rear brakes are not equalized. I am not sure how to determine correctly which one is out of adjustment. Is there an easy way to determine this or just drive and see which one needs more pressure to lockup verses the other and by trial and error keep adjusting the slack side? Is the only adjustment on these the linkage bar from the pedals to the rear end? Or is there a "screw" adjustment inside the brake housing like on american drum brakes? Thanks guys.

/ Best way to equalize and adust rear brakes #2  
The way that I like to adjust brakes on tractors is to jack the rear off the ground. That way, I can spin the wheel while I am adjusting the brake. When it drags, I back it off a quarter of a turn and lock it down. Then move the other side.

/ Best way to equalize and adust rear brakes #3  
Adjust for about 1" free play in each side. Assuming they are similar to the YM2000, you have the turnbuckle, the reversible anchor pin, and the reversible shoes that can all be adjusted.

/ Best way to equalize and adust rear brakes #4  
I so rarely use my brakes, I don't think I could tell they were out of adjustment unless one locked up consistently...........I just close the throttle, it stops real quick !