need help with my 1610d !!!!!!!!!!

/ need help with my 1610d !!!!!!!!!! #1  

harry trattner

Bronze Member
While out playing on my new tractor ,I noticed some radiator fuild leaking from a cracked hose ,that came from a hose that connected to the engine block (on the side were the oli filter is ,and it goes to a "T" thing were a another hose from the bottom of the radiator is connected.Some fuild was drained and now I guess I go to Napa for a hose .While doing the hose removel I noticed that the fan belt had small cracks on the inside of the belt ,I do not know the size or the proper way to install it ,but I know half the radiator fuild is drained out anyway so now is as good as time as any to do it .What are the proper way to do these fixes and what size hose and belt do I get.Help please ,make it simple I hope!! Harry T

/ need help with my 1610d !!!!!!!!!! #2  
Didn't you just buy this? I would expect the dealer to supply the needed parts, but you need to let him know about the problem(s). He will likely be happy to walk you through whatever you need.

/ need help with my 1610d !!!!!!!!!!
Yes ,but stan just got home tonight from calif.All I want to know is the napa part replacement for the fan belt for a 1610d (thats still on the tractor and the procedure removel and install (without tearing apart the radiator ,ie easy way if any.Harry PS look ,its a used tractor and I know there will be some minor stuff I'mnot complaining (dont sweat the small stuff )If its a problem (real problem then I will call,I just am asking for the forums help .:)

/ need help with my 1610d !!!!!!!!!! #4  
Harry
Take your broken belt to napa & they will measure it for you.Replace the belt before putting on the new hose.
Ernies Imports

/ need help with my 1610d !!!!!!!!!! #5  
Harry,
LMTC is correct. You paid a premium price for your equipment. It should come ready to use. Let Stan know.

Bruce

/ need help with my 1610d !!!!!!!!!! #6  
Well, I'd follow tractorernie's advice, just take the old one to NAPA and buy a replacement. You have to install the belt before you can put the lower hose back on. Other than that, there's no secret way, it just slips over the fan blade, onto the pulleys and tighten her up. Don't remember for sure what size, but it will have metric fasteners on the alternator adjustment, seems like the bottom one was 17mm (wrench size), but like I said, I don't remember for sure.

Nothing wrong with letting Stan know, but I'd go ahead and get her fixed now - this is an easy one to do...........In this pic you can just see the lower mounting bolt at the bottom of the alt, it does look to be 17mm. BTW, the belt you see in this pic is not the right one, it's too big and sits too high in the grooves on the pulleys. Get the right size by taking your old one with you. This is on my 1602D, which I'd guess is the same setup you'd have........

Attachments

• trac pic 2 .jpg
    trac pic 2 .jpg
    571.6 KB · Views: 225
   / need help with my 1610d !!!!!!!!!! #7  
Harry
I'm sure Stan would appreciate you letting him know even if your not complaining,.He's running a bussiness and maybe some one didn't do the checks they were suppose to,I know I'd sure want to know as would ever
seller on here just so it doesn't happen again with a tractor that just went out the door. You've already gotten advice on the belt but on the anti-freeze
I'd use a 30% coolant to 70% water and some people recomend coolants made just for deisels. Oh! if the hose clamps look rusty or are the wire type replace them also,It's real easy.

Good luck and enjoy your new toy (tool) Ha! Ha!

/ need help with my 1610d !!!!!!!!!!
thanks,Stan help as well as the forum here ,to all thanks again !!!! ,parts purchased @napa.Harry

/ need help with my 1610d !!!!!!!!!! #9  
The 1610 has a water pump, you should use the usual mix on the antifreeze, roughtly 50/50........