yanmar tiller

/ yanmar tiller #1  

dirt clod

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3300, m5700, case 580se
how well would one of these work on a kubota with a 540rpm. Was these tillers designed to work at the higher pto gears that yanmar has?
how does the quality compare to others?
Should there be a clutch or shear pin for this tiller?

/ yanmar tiller #2  
I think yanmar tillers are of high quality . they were used on farms in japan. They may work with 540 pto but they may have been operated at higher pto speeds. Don't your kubota also have 1000 speed pto. I have seen a clutch used on tillers.

/ yanmar tiller #4  
I thought that most tractors have 540 & 1000 pto speeds. I'am asking cause I don't know about all but, I see tractors advertised this way. My yanmar had 4 pto speeds 1 is around 540 I don't know what the others would b used 4 but would think tiller operation .
Some of the ones on here that sell these tillers could tell you if they will run correctly at 540.

/ yanmar tiller #5  
I typically make the first couple of break up passes in 540 for the additional gear advantage. I then shift up to the higher speeds for a final pulverization. The tiller will work fine at slower speeds.

/ yanmar tiller #6  
I have a 1202 (48" wide) Yanmar tiller on my Iseki, 19-hp motor, 16-hp PTO. I use the first two speeds out of four available, 540- (speed #1) and whatever the next one is (#2). It works well at these speeds in first and second gear, low range (but not creeper gear). I accidentally put the PTO in speed #4 (1000-rpm I think) and it lugged down the motor and really threw the dirt around. I think 1000-rpm is way too fast, for my soil and tractor anyway.

Bill

/ yanmar tiller #7  
dirt clod said:
how well would one of these work on a kubota with a 540rpm. Was these tillers designed to work at the higher pto gears that yanmar has?
how does the quality compare to others?
Should there be a clutch or shear pin for this tiller?

If you see pictures of Yanmars working in Japan you will see that they are tilling under water, in the rice paddies. Which means that they are just stirring up soft mud and can run at any speed.

/ yanmar tiller #8  
I have a 1301 yanmar tiller , I run it at 540 and it dose good. I have never ran it any faster than that.

/ yanmar tiller #9  
normde2001 said:
If you see pictures of Yanmars working in Japan you will see that they are tilling under water, in the rice paddies. Which means that they are just stirring up soft mud and can run at any speed.
Could you post a pic of a tiller being used under water? Don't believe rice paddies are flooded during spring when being tilled and planted but I could be wrong. No way to get paddies leveled out as flat as are needed if you are still turning up mud soup.

/ yanmar tiller #10  
Mickey_Fx said:
Could you post a pic of a tiller being used under water? Don't believe rice paddies are flooded during spring when being tilled and planted but I could be wrong. No way to get paddies leveled out as flat as are needed if you are still turning up mud soup.

Probably could, but I won't.