Radiator Light Coming On Intermitently

/ Radiator Light Coming On Intermitently #1  

Pozzman

Tractor
1702 Yanmar
I have a YM1702 which I have had for three years. Did a full service mainteneance on it last winter, changed all fluids and filters. However, I have not had a chance to use it much this summer, as in the past. Anyway, when I started it this past Sunday to brush hog the radiator light came on, then went off. However, when engaging the brush hog it came back on and started flashing as I was hogging. Noticed the temp gage was rising qiuckly too. I live in mid Missouri and the air temp was about 65 degrees F. I used it in much hotter temps before with no problems.

Anybody have any sugestions as to what could be the problem?
Thanks...Pozzman

/ Radiator Light Coming On Intermitently #2  
Have you checked to see if the radiator or it's screen (if it has one) are blocked with chaff?

/ Radiator Light Coming On Intermitently #3  
Does the light on that machine signal overtemp or low fluid level. On mine (2220), the lamp is a low level indicator for the coolant. Coolant temp displays on a gauge.

If it's an actual overtemp indication, you might check this thread, Here. It's a long thread and deals with an overheat problem on a 2000. It contains some good troubleshooting advice, but toward the end drifts off into a "discussion" of the pro's and con's of recon tractors. Suggest you skip those parts.

/ Radiator Light Coming On Intermitently #4  
I have an 1802 so yours is probably the same as mine. The radiator light signals low water in the overflow container of the radiator. Simply add a little water to the overflow bottle and your radiator also if it is low and your problem should be solved, unless your temperature guage indicates that your engine is running hot. If your temperature guage goes over halfway hot and your radiator is full and no chaff is on the screen and the fan belt is tight, then it may be a more serious matter.