Tractor Sizing Bolt size for Drive Shaft Cover ???

/ Bolt size for Drive Shaft Cover ??? #1  

scesnick

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
hello,

I have a 2000BD and the bearings fell out of the FWD drive shaft while running over a big mound of sod a few times. I have it all repaired but when It broke I lost all the bolts that hold the drive shaft cover ( housing) in place. One in front and 2 midmounts.
Does anyone know exactly what size these darn things are. I'm assuming the are metric but what size. I am tired of running to the hardware store so I thought I'd ask the experts.
I have called a few places also an got nothing really.
Thanks in advance.

/ Bolt size for Drive Shaft Cover ??? #2  
You can measure the hole a lot easier than someone can remove a bolt and measure it for you. I seriously doubt that there are any experts with that kind of info.

/ Bolt size for Drive Shaft Cover ??? #3  
I have the YM240 service manual and the YM240D suppliment and neither of them give any info on the bolts.

Bruce

/ Bolt size for Drive Shaft Cover ???
I found the right bolt on the ol' trial and error method. Now I have a nice noise coming from the shaft. it only makes the noise when I am NOT in 4wd. So, I guess I have to tear it back apart and see what is going on in there. Thanks anyway...

/ Bolt size for Drive Shaft Cover ??? #5  
You do know that end of the drive shaft is spring loaded to keep those balls in place ? Are all the parts in place ?

/ Bolt size for Drive Shaft Cover ???
kenmac said:
You do know that end of the drive shaft is spring loaded to keep those balls in place ? Are all the parts in place ?

yeah. All the parts were in place when I started out. I have not tore it back down to see what is up. It does look as though the drive shaft housing is a tad bent but I think I have bigger problems than that. I have a good sized leak on the front of the diff now and the 4wd is knocking also. I guess I just have to find a service manual and see what is going on in there.