Default 1900 need help

front loader does not lift to much and when it does it will leak down to ground
    when i pick up loader it will slowly lower down,any info will help

Platinum Member

Default Re: 1900 need help

What brand loader do you have?

i looked all over no idea what type of loader please reply

Tractor
    Yanmar 1510d, 1950 Farmall H

My advice may not be worth anything, but I'm wondering if the cylinders need repacked?

Tractor

Oh, and I have a Japanese loader and found the brand and model number on the loader control. It was hidden and I wouldn't have seen it without the control off the tractor. If yours is Japanese it might be a Kanzaki loader. Mine has curved arms and an industrial type bucket with teeth on it. If that helps any, I can post a pic of it later if you want to see it.

Tractor
    IH M Farmall-propane powered, H Farmall (father-in-laws), Ford 1300 diesel

Sounds like relief valve may need adj/cleaned. May have broken spring, or as some have said, cylinder may need repairing. Does the curl feature work ok, or is it local to lift cyl. on loader?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    yanmar

A loader on a YM1900 is typical of a very specific section of this market, which I will hence forth refer to only as a "very specific section of this market" lest it's defenders come out in force to lambast me---again. IF that is the case, it is likely going to be either a non-branded loader or a bulldog, and the only OEM parts (if there are even OEM parts to be had) will come from a dealer in this "very specific section of this market". That said, unless they are using completely bastard parts, one should be able to get most, perhaps all, of the necessary parts to repair cylinders from a good hydraulic supply source. None of this will substitute for someone with the knowledge to make a good diagnosis, so if you don't understand how the loader works, you probably need to 1. take it back to the seller, 2. find a dealer willing to work on it and take it there, 3. find a good independent mechanic to look at it for you.

I know you don't want to hear this, but I would not invest a great deal of money, as the 1900 is a model older than most sold in this market, and not highly regarded...it's resale in the market among those familiar with Yanmar is poor. The upside is that there are enough parts out there for it to allow one to keep one going if you are already invested. (we can get most engine--piston/head gasket/etc-- and component--starter/alternator--parts)

Gold Member
    Tractor
    YM 2210

Where are u? Where did u get ur tractor/loader? This might be a place to start. It does not really matter what brand it is. It is basic hydraulics. U have a pressure leak some where. Find the leak and fix the problem..... Some of these loaders are only design to lift about 700 pounds. That is ok cuz it is a pretty good match to what the front end of your tractor can support. If it is not lifting 700 lbs then u may have a flow problem. If you have a local Votech school call them and see if the class won't fix it for you!
    Great

Tractor

My second thought was check to see if a relief valve is stuck. Someone else mentioned it so it's worth looking at.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Quote Originally Posted by ttrap
    front loader does not lift to much and when it does it will leak down to ground
    when i pick up loader it will slowly lower down,any info will help
    Does an implement on the back leak down also?

If not, then the problem is likely in the loader assembly, not the Yanmar tractor. As Wayne (LMTC) noted your seller may be the only person familiar with that model of loader.