Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Yanmars = Fx235- F255- FX335... branson 4220i tlb - hinomoto JF1 New Holland 7610 Branson 3510 tlb

Default Re: UFO Control on F/FX series, info please

Hi Harry

One of my 235s has that very control, yes call me tomorrow & I can walk you thru Ernie

Used Yanmar tractors, New Mahindra tractors, New Branson Tractors from Ernie's Imports inc

Tractor
    Yanmar F145

Hi I am a new Yanmar F145 owner and have very similar UFO controls, I know this thread is from 6 plus years ago but I have yet to find full descriptions of all the buttons, knobs, levers, and switches on my tractor. I am sure I do not need most of them but it would still be great to know what I have. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar F235D, Montana C4864

Quote Originally Posted by NWbruce View Post
    Hi I am a new Yanmar F145 owner and have very similar UFO controls, I know this thread is from 6 plus years ago but I have yet to find full descriptions of all the buttons, knobs, levers, and switches on my tractor. I am sure I do not need most of them but it would still be great to know what I have. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    I actually have mine totally disconnected except for the joystick to control the 3pt hitch. Most of the other controls are mostly for leveling from what I can recall.

Ernie was a great help and from what I can remember he was located in Washington State, but I see now he is in the Bahamas (lucky him, I'm jealous).
    F235 4WD
    Montana C4864

Tractor
    Yanmar Fx24D, Cub 3204

Don't think I'm going to be of much help as the controls on my tractor are different. The joy stick controls tilt. I think the rest of the controls control depth of a tiller and possibly something else I don't know about. To the best of my knowledge and have been told by a few others, I'm the only know person in the states that has put the UFO control to use. Have had mine in use for maybe 5-6 yrs. Unfortunately the only thing I've figured out is one of the knobs on mine turns the auto control on/off. For the UFO control to be of much use you need a Yanmar tiller that is set up to be used with the controls. There will be a tilt sensor with a cable that connects on the right side of the apron above the right lift arm and a cable set-up that connects between the tiller to a lever near the left lift arm.

Do some searching on the forum and you can find a long post I made at the time I got the UFO system operating. Includes a lot of pictures.

On the models with the fancier controls you can set the lift and depth of the tiller and swap between the 2 positions by pressing a button. Yanmar did have a somewhat rare tiller that shuttled left/right. It's possible one of the UFO controls controlled that function. Ernie had one of those models.

I do owe Ernie for making it possible to get my UFO control operational.
    Yanmar Fx24D,
    Koyker 155 loader,
    RSB-1300 tiller
    Cub 3204, 48" mower
    Bolen 1257 GT with tiller

Tractor
    Yanmar F145

Thank you for the replies I will wait and see if Ernie has anything to offer as it sounds like the is the expert. I do have another question that someone may have some insight on, there is a small switch (just up and down) under the driver’s seat sort of by/ above the 4WD selector and differential lock any idea what that is for? Also the lever just below the UFO I believe is some sort of draft control but mine is stuck (in the up position) so I will have to tinker with it to get it freed up so I can play with it, is that a correct assumption or is it for something else entirely?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12