Tractor
    Kioti CK35 With KL130 Loader

Default Another odd 1500D question

So, I have read that the 1500D does not have draft control, and the manual I ordered for Hoyle Tractor (really good service from them btw!) does not mention it at all, but....

Under the seat, on the left had side I have a lever that has two postions; "P" and "D." Could that be for postion and draft? There is a sticker on the right fender that explains the lever, but of course I do not read japanese too well. There is a screw between the two postions that look like it was added, and I've not had time to play with it.

Does anyone know anything about this? Perhaps it is not really a 1500D, or just that the 1500D shares the same frame with a fancier model?

Anyway,

Rowdy

Tractor
    YM 2000B, JD 110, cub cadet 109, cub cadet 70, cub cadet 100

Default Re: Another odd 1500D question

How big is the lever ? Does it look like this?

Bruce
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    Kioti CK35 With KL130 Loader

No, it is on the other side of the seat. If you were sitting on the tractor, you would reach this lever by reaching down with your left hand, not right... (well, that is if the machine was big enough to allow you to do that!
    I'll take a photo of it and post here in a few days. The Murray publishing book I just ordered from Hoye does not mention this lever at all, so I'm thinking maybe someone might have put a 1500D hood/decals on something else, or maybe draft control was offered as an option for a very brief time during the 1500s production. I dunno.

Rowdy

Tractor
    Yanmar Fx24D, Cub 3204

Don't know anything about your model but on mine there is a control that is referred to as a draft control but have not found too much info on how it works. It certainly doesn't work like draft control on US tractors. The best I've found is it works in conjunction with some linkage and cable, attaching to the rear flap on the tiller. Based on angle of the flap, it will raise and lower the 3pt so flap maintains a consistant angle (tiller depth).
    Yanmar Fx24D,
    Koyker 155 loader,
    RSB-1300 tiller
    Cub 3204, 48" mower
    Bolen 1257 GT with tiller

Gold Member
    Approved Advertiser

Tractor
    Yanmar

The 1500 does not have a draft control. The lever, actually more like a pin in a slotted hole, is used to change the geometry of the feedback control system on the three point hitch. The screw or bolt is there to prevent you from selecting the other setting by accident. From what we have found it looks like normal operation should be in "P". It appears that the "D" is only used for something like a tiller and it looks like the three point has a shorter range of movement in the "D" position. Future versions of the operation manual for the 1700, 2000, and 2210 will include more info on this but for now I'd just leave it where it was and not worry too much about it.

If you are worried about what model you have you can check the engine model number. A 1500 should have a 2TR15 engine.

Aaron
    Parts@HoyeTractor.com
    (940)592-0181
    Aaron
    Hoye Tractor Parts
    Contact Us
    (940)592-0181
    Yanmar Tractor Parts

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by HoyeTractor
    The 1500 does not have a draft control. The lever, actually more like a pin in a slotted hole, is used to change the geometry of the feedback control system on the three point hitch. The screw or bolt is there to prevent you from selecting the other setting by accident. From what we have found it looks like normal operation should be in "P". It appears that the "D" is only used for something like a tiller and it looks like the three point has a shorter range of movement in the "D" position. Future versions of the operation manual for the 1700, 2000, and 2210 will include more info on this but for now I'd just leave it where it was and not worry too much about it.

If you are worried about what model you have you can check the engine model number. A 1500 should have a 2TR15 engine.

Aaron
    Parts@HoyeTractor.com
    (940)592-0181
    If I recall correctly, The YM240 ops manual cautions not to change from the "P" to "D" position, but does not explain why.

Tractor
    Yanmar 1510d, 1950 Farmall H

Quote Originally Posted by normde2001
    If I recall correctly, The YM240 ops manual cautions not to change from the "P" to "D" position, but does not explain why.
    That does leave one wondering why both settings are there