MADE PURCHASE TODAY

/ MADE PURCHASE TODAY #1  

Travis_R

Veteran Member
Tractor
'98 MASSEY FERGUSON 231
Hey,

Well I finally did it today. I spent just a little more than I wanted to but got what "fit" me better, and a little more horse power to boot.

I bought a Yanmar YM2500 and a new 5' Sitrex finishing mower. I purchased it from Manning Enterprises in Franklinton, LA. The hour meter showed 852 hrs. The other 4 or 5 YM2500s had between 1500-2650 hrs.

Only problem is that I won't be able to pick it up til' next weekend (Feb 10). Boy its gonna be a long week! I do feel like I got a good deal though. And he was very friendly too.

He had a bulk of numerous Yanmar models. The 2 that I was looking at was the YM2310, and the YM2500. I test drove both a couple times each. Both tractors were very nice. After about an hour and a half, I chose the YM2500 only because it fit me a whole lot better. I wasn't all crammed up in the seat like I was on the YM2310. I lost the powershift transmission, but gained the extra room. To me, it was worth it. I weigh in at 228 lbs and my a** isn't too small!:D

All of his tractors are a UTDA certified tractor (UTDA.net -- Used Tractor Dealers Association > Home) that was processed @ Fredricks Equipment in Alabama. Have heard lots of good about them and their finished product- we'll see how it goes!:) It comes with a ROPS and seat belt, PTO shield, Over-run coupler, English decals, clutch safety start switch, and an Operator's manual.

It was about 32 degrees there this morning, and the tractor started right up without even using the glow plugs/thermostart!

I'm so excited! Its gonna be a long week!

Wish me luck,:)
Travis R

/ MADE PURCHASE TODAY #2  
Outstanding! I can feel your excitement :)
Best of luck with your new toy.

/Todd

/ MADE PURCHASE TODAY #3  
Good news Travis!
It must feel great having that over with. Now the wait to get it will seem like forever, but it'll go by soon enough. Congrats!
Post some pictures if you can.

/ MADE PURCHASE TODAY #4  
Congrats on your new investment Travis. :)

While waiting for the big day read the manuels over and over,and talk w/others about the fine points....and stay away from the coffee pot also try and not to wear holes in your socks as you pace the floor. ;)....again congrats.

/ MADE PURCHASE TODAY #6  
Congrats, Travis. Good luck with this unit.

32F, huh, that's a heat-wave where I am... :D good luck again.

Don't give up to quickly on an old yanmar, i started one of mine quickly in -10F a wee ago...

/ MADE PURCHASE TODAY
Gizmo,

YES. It is home. I absolutely love it. Just the size that I need. I sure hope that it and the finish mower holds up. I have one small issue with the tractor and one small issue with the finish mower. I'll start a new thread on that.

Travis R