YM2000 jumps out of high range - help!

/ YM2000 jumps out of high range - help! #1  

gclark94560

Bronze Member
UCLA - Upper Corner of Lower Alabama (Lanett)
Tractor
Zen Noh/Yanmar YM2000, green
Hi All!

I have a green (old) YM2000 and it will jump out of high range under heavy load.

It hasn't done this in low range. Doesn't matter what tranny gear I am in. Been pulling my home made "Woods Rake" thru the boonies and if I snag something solid when it's in 5th or 6th it pops right out of gear.

I guess I could call it a "Safety Feature" and be happy, but somehow that doesn't impress me too much! :D

Greg

/ YM2000 jumps out of high range - help! #2  
You will need to pull the cover and inspect it. There are several reasons for it to jump out of gear.

/ YM2000 jumps out of high range - help!
normde2001 said:
You will need to pull the cover and inspect it. There are several reasons for it to jump out of gear.

Well - sounds like a good idea - but as a new tractorite I am not too sure what to inspect for! I have rebuilt several car manual transmissions and an engine or two. With this I have learned that each vehicle has its own personality and key things to look for.

Any more specific ideas on what to look for?? :)

Greg

/ YM2000 jumps out of high range - help! #4  
gclark94560 said:
Well - sounds like a good idea - but as a new tractorite I am not too sure what to inspect for! I have rebuilt several car manual transmissions and an engine or two. With this I have learned that each vehicle has its own personality and key things to look for.

Any more specific ideas on what to look for?? :)

Greg

This has nothing to do with tractors, only mechanics, (fixin' is fixin'). Look for a bent shifter fork, or a binding or broken spring loaded detent, or anything else that doesn't look right.