ym1601d head bolt torque questions

/ ym1601d head bolt torque questions #1  

Sandfarmer

Tractor
yanmar 1601d
I am in the middle of replacing the head gasket on my ym1601d. I have looked through most of the posts trying to find the correct torque values. It seems that 83-90 ft/lbs is the recomendation, but...

The two head studs and 6 bolts are 17mm socket size. I think this is a m14 size. It seems in generic metric bolt torque specs these are usually 135 ft/lbs.

There are also 3 (or 4; tractor is too far away to count) 13mm socket size bolts bolting the head to the block between the push rods. What is the torque spec on these?

This is the 3t75u engine. I think i saw that the 3t84 engine had the higher torque values 135 ft/lbs but I don't know the bolt sizes.

thanks in advance.

/ ym1601d head bolt torque questions #2  
The YM1510 & Ym1601 have the same size head bolts. The specs for the YM1510 engine is"
initial torque---29'lb
secondary----------58'lb
final----72-79'lb
This is for the 8 bolts by therockers & injectors. The other 3 bolts (assist bolts) torque is 20'lb

/ ym1601d head bolt torque questions
My tractor is back together. Thanks for the torque specs.

However, I can't get it to start.

I've checked valve clearance to be sure I'm not losing compression.

I've bled injectors at the bleed screw and at the injectors. (by bleeding I mean I loosened the fitting till fuel comes out then tightened fitting, is there something more to it?)

The only thing i touched otherwise on the injector pump was I unscrewed the tach drive but I reconnected it.

The engine turns over fine but never starts. I have tried warming the cylinder walls by cranking while pulling the compression release. the plastic bowl above the valve cover has never filled up, does this mean I havent bled the injectors enough?

I don't know what to do next. any ideas?

/ ym1601d head bolt torque questions #4  
Did you bleed the sediment bowl & injector pump. Those are the 3 screws that need to be bled starting at the tank.

I didn't bleed at the sediment bowl. tractor drove into the garage, and I never disconnected fuel bowl. I tried bleeding at the top of the injector pump, the tiny little screw. fliud came out. what volume of fluid should I expect?

the only different thing I did was face the muffler forward instead of down. as I was cranking engine I noticed pufs of smoke near the muffler flange but I could not crank engine and get close enough to see where it came from.

/ ym1601d head bolt torque questions #6  
Bubble free is all you need. You didn't turn the fuel off & forget to turn it back on?

I actually wanted to shut off fuel and replace line from tank to shut off valve but the valve would not turn. I did not want to force it so I left it.

/ ym1601d head bolt torque questions #8  
On my 2210 and the 1700 at the shut off valve there is a screw in the top and if you don't back it out some you can not turn the valve to turn it off.

I saw that screw and thought about loosening it but I thought that it might be the limiter that keeps it from turning more than 90*. I will shut it off and try replacing the main fuel line.

but I still need the tractor to start.....

/ ym1601d head bolt torque questions #10  
It is a limiter...it fits into a groove in the shutoff handle body to keep it from rotating more than 90*. If it has to be loosened to turn the handle, the assembly is either damaged or installed incorrectly.