Two Years Searching!

/ Two Years Searching! #1  

ritchieb

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar 1610D/Kubota B2620
Thought I might drop a line regarding my recent purchase of a Yanmar 1610D and brush-hog. After reading posts here, internet research, visit to a dealer in Nelsonville, OH, who sold tractors on consignment from LMTC I finally contacted Wayne Foreman to get a tractor ready for me.

After a few e-mails and a ton of questions on my part, Wayne call me and lets get to business! I was a bit hesitant about buying a "sight unseen" tractor. He assured me it would be right and it was his name and reputation on the line, it would not even be unloaded if I did not like it. Well, my money came hard and needless to say it went hard too!

My tractor was due to be delivered on March 21st and all was set up, taking a day off work, weather etc.. Wayne called early that morning and told me Bill (driver that was delivering) would be on his way shortly. At last, after two years searching and three months of waiting for the tractor to be prepped (it was a pre-season offer at a super price) my new tractor was four hours and 230 miles away! Then my heart sank as Wayne called back and said they might not make it on the 21st. So I got on other things around the house only to hear the phone ring again, Wayne said they might be able to make it after all! My tractor arrived at 8:15pm that evening. I got out the flashlight and checked it over and my reservations of ordering a "sight-unseen" tractor from Wayne was put to rest. It looked new from top to bottom and end to end. No leaks, not even a seep of any fluid, no dirt and no grease to be found. I left it set in my garage for two days to be sure of the leaks. NONE period.

I have had it out and done some fairly hard work with it already and it is what I expected and then some. GLAD I bought a YANMAR and glad I went with LMTC. My thanks goes to Bill and Wayne, I do not know what time Bill started that day but I do know if he drove all the way back to the Blanchester, OH area it would have been 1:00 a.m. when he got back home. I felt badly about that issue but I know they felt even worse for my waiting period. Thats a dealer that makes all the difference in the world to me.

ritchieb

/ Two Years Searching! #2  
Glad you're happy Bret. I told you I knew exactly how you felt when I called....I would have been devastated after anticipating it's arrival that day. Fortunately it was only a 2-3 hour job and we had the parts, so we were still able to get it to you on the scheduled day.

We found a small leak from a brake stub axle seal the morning we were to deliver, and called Bret to tell him we really didn't want to deliver it like that.

/ Two Years Searching! #3  
Something tells me the service after the sale will go the same way if needed.
Wayne needs to thank Jeff too.........:D:p

/ Two Years Searching! #4  
Welcome to Yanmar ownership!

Some pics would be nice when you get a chance!

/ Two Years Searching!
Jagmandave said:
Welcome to Yanmar ownership!

Some pics would be nice when you get a chance!

Pictures have been taken but just ran short on time. Until I get time to put them up, it can be seen on LMTC website and is UTDA #1325 the 1610D with sold following the description. Pictures of a YANMAR just does not do justice! Glad I bought a YANMAR instead of some of the others that I looked at.

Bret

/ Two Years Searching! #6  
Welcome, Bret

Can't beat a Yanmar, and if I had one shipped in it would be from Wayne. I know just how you feel, I spent two years researching and looking before I found the right one.

keep us posted,
Bruce