ROPS not strong enough?

/ ROPS not strong enough? #1  

nebuniram

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar F22d, Cat E70b
I was just checking out ceartain ROPS dealers for a ROPS on my F22D and found the total weight rating of the ROPS was 2500lbs max. Now my tractor weights by itself with no loader 2400+ lbs, I have a Koyker 120 loader and a boxblade + filled rear tires. Im sure this puts me at 3300+lbs which is over the max allowed weight of the ROPS. The ROPS I looked at is the one from Fredricks, Im not sure why the ROPS for the YM2220D and on are rated at 6000lbs and for the F22/group 8 I believe only 2500? Can anybodey steer me to a better ROPS that will be able to handle my tractors weight? Below is the text copied from the Instruction manual fro the Group 8 ROPS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING!
This ROPS is certified for use on machines with a maximum gross vehicle weight (GVW)
of 2500 LB. The GVW INCLUDES the weight of the base machine, operator, fuel, ROPS,
and other attachments and payloads. When attachments are added, causing the GVW of
the machine to be more than 2500 LB., the ROPS may not provide adequate protection
resulting in serious injury or death. Use caution when installing attachments and DO
NOT EXCEED the GVW rating of the ROPS.

/ ROPS not strong enough? #2  
Can anybodey steer me to a better ROPS that will be able to handle my tractors weight?

Yes. Our ROPS for the F22D is listed as 4700# GVW (and our price is better). The simple answer is that Custom Mfg has typos in several manuals, and they will be corrected.

/ ROPS not strong enough?
LMTC, thanks, I am in need of a ROPS, I guess now I know where to go for one ;).

/ ROPS not strong enough? #4  
nebuniram said:
I was just checking out ceartain ROPS dealers for a ROPS on my F22D and found the total weight rating of the ROPS was 2500lbs max. Now my tractor weights by itself with no loader 2400+ lbs, I have a Koyker 120 loader and a boxblade + filled rear tires. Im sure this puts me at 3300+lbs which is over the max allowed weight of the ROPS. The ROPS I looked at is the one from Fredricks, Im not sure why the ROPS for the YM2220D and on are rated at 6000lbs and for the F22/group 8 I believe only 2500? Can anybodey steer me to a better ROPS that will be able to handle my tractors weight? Below is the text copied from the Instruction manual fro the Group 8 ROPS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING!
This ROPS is certified for use on machines with a maximum gross vehicle weight (GVW)
of 2500 LB. The GVW INCLUDES the weight of the base machine, operator, fuel, ROPS,
and other attachments and payloads. When attachments are added, causing the GVW of
the machine to be more than 2500 LB., the ROPS may not provide adequate protection
resulting in serious injury or death. Use caution when installing attachments and DO
NOT EXCEED the GVW rating of the ROPS.

I have several F22 & FX22 tractors in stock and they all have ROPS rated @ 4700#'s

Danny