New To Yanmar

/ New To Yanmar #1  

Hooked_on_HP

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1900 FWD Kubota F2100E
I am looking at an F215 Yanmar. The owner claims it is a 92. After reading some of the posts here I am doubting it. I went to Tractot Data but they dont show the F215. Is there somwhere I can get more info on this tractor. Also how do you tell if is grey market or US. I have always been a Ford Tractor guy but they are getting way to expensive.

/ New To Yanmar #2  
Hooked_on_HP said:
I am looking at an F215 Yanmar. The owner claims it is a 92. After reading some of the posts here I am doubting it. I went to Tractot Data but they dont show the F215. Is there somwhere I can get more info on this tractor. Also how do you tell if is grey market or US. I have always been a Ford Tractor guy but they are getting way to expensive.

It is grey market.

Danny

/ New To Yanmar #3  
If you already have reason to believe the seller you are dealing with may be less than informed (or worse....simply misrepresenting a product) you should run, not walk, away and find a dealer you trust. The tractor might be a '92... I frankly don't know, as we do not deal in that model.... but if the seller is not straight with you about it being a grey market machine, what else is he hiding?

There is nothing inherently wrong with a grey market machine, but make darn sure the seller can cover you with parts. We get at least a dozen inquiries a week (it did use to me a lot more) from people with grery market tractors for which there is zero to very little parts support anywhere. The time to determine this is before buying. We have access to the largest aftermarket parts catalog there is, and I find no engine parts listed for the 215. Clutch, pressure plate, and TO bearing are all I find.

/ New To Yanmar #4  
Bill, you may want to look at a ym ###. There are alot more parts out there fore these mod. tractors. CHECK OUT THE DEALER VERY GOOD B-4 YOU BUY !!!!

/ New To Yanmar
This tractor is not at a dealer, an individual has it for sale. He is going by what he was told when he bought it. I hate to be an uninformed buyer that is why I am trying to get more info.

/ New To Yanmar #6  
Hooked_on_HP said:
This tractor is not at a dealer, an individual has it for sale. He is going by what he was told when he bought it. I hate to be an uninformed buyer that is why I am trying to get more info.
Or so he says. Ask him for contact information for his seller, and ask them about parts, etc; if he can't/won't provide that information, or gets "fuzzy memory" about who he bought it from, I would walk. The very, very few of our customers who have sold their tractors are welcome to have their purchaser contact us for documentation, and confirmation of parts availability.

If you called us for parts for that model, I would tell you I can only access a few of them. Individual or not (and my opening comment is due to the fact that there are indeed people out there who sell one at a time on an ongoing basis....thus avoiding trying to support their sales and allowing for their supposed ignorance or misinformation), you'd be well served to make sure you have a parts source.

/ New To Yanmar #7  
Hooked_on_HP said:

Why do you say you don't believe it to be a '92? Only because of what you have read here or is it due to the way the seller is acting? Be careful about skewering the guy before you know the story as some will urge you to do.

Make up your own mind, don't let others do it for you. If you truly believe the guy is lying, run. If you think he is just another guy who bought a tractor because he needed it for a couple of years and now is dumping it because he doesn't need it anymore then what would be wrong with that? I know plenty of guys who buy equipment, use it for a a couple of years, then sell it. They aren't experts on what they buy or even know everything about it. A couple of them even make guesses as to the year of manufacture beacuse it isn't east to find out sometimes. Nothing wrong with a guy taking a shot at the date if he doens't know as long as he tells you it is a guess. Some interpret guesses as being deceitful. It is if they tell you they know for sure but if they tell you up front then I don't think it is. It's up to you as the buyer to make sure if it's that important to you.

Buying anything used is a gamble, some used items are just more of a gamble than others.

I'll keep my eyes open for anything about the F215's and if I run across anything I'll holler at you. The info on these machines is hard to come by though and some who know won't share it anyway. It doesn't serve their best interest. I'd stay away from those folks too if you can sniff them out in time.

Good luck and don't let the paranoia get the better of you.

/ New To Yanmar #8  
I had an F215-D for 4 rears,it had 195 hrs on it when I bought in in Japan,

Parts are not a problem for that machine (unless) its the ring & pinion

If he wants a fair price for it & its not a vietnamese reconditioned one, I would go for it.

Can you supply us with a picture ?

Ernie

/ New To Yanmar #9  
Ernie, where are you finding parts in the US for a 215?

/ New To Yanmar #10  
Hi!

I would call Hoye Tractors and ask them about parts and issues with that model. They seem to really know their stuff on Yanmar's. I have a YM2000 and have gotten a number of things from them.

Yanmar Tractor Parts, Sales, Service, and Delivery.

For Tractor PARTS , Tires, etc
parts@HoyeTractor.com
Or call us at (940)-592-0181
Or Mail us at:
Hoye Tractor Parts
2099 Hwy 287E
Iowa Park, TX 76367