Default Head Gasket

I have just purchased a very expensive head gasket for my three cyl. Yanmar I really need to get this right the first time, so I am asking for advice from Yanmar folks that have been there, done that. I have an I-T Manual also. What kind of adhesive is used on these gaskets to help seal them? Which end of the torque range is normally used? Any serious suggestions are appreciated.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ym1300d-1401D-1601D , 1610D & Massey Ferguson 1020

Default Re: Head Gasket

oldjeepman,

I've read that some people occasionally use CopperKote spray gasket sealant or similar product, but the majority of folks don't use any sealer at all.

It would be necessary to know what model Yanmar you have to help with the torque spec's.

Mark

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    yanmar

Generally the seller of the part(s) should be able to give you torque specs.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Tractormatic

Oldjeepman,

I had the same problem with my AF22. I get a very expensive new head-gasket from Japan. It was a metallic one. It was put on the head without any sealant. Everythink works OK now.

I get the torque specifications for the engine from a Yanmar backhoe renter who knew the engine.

If your tractor is a well known model, I think friends on the board can give you the torque spec.

Goodluck.

Phil