Please help me determine a value

/ Please help me determine a value #1  

mfl_jr

Hello,

I am unfortunately going to have to sell my tractor. I hate to be letting it go, but since I have to then I guess that's life...

I'm having a problem figuring out what it should be worth and I'm hoping that someone here might have an idea.

The tractor is a Yanmar 240. This isn't a grey market tractor. It has just over 400 hours showing on the clock and I know the guy that had it before me so I'm pretty sure that those hours are accurate. He didn't use it much.

It's 2 wheel drive, and everything on it works well. The only issue that I think it has is that the rear rims are badly rusted and if one if the back tires gets a flat then you may be buying a replacement rim because I don't think you could get the tire off and then back on without destroying the rim.

I'll attach a few pictures if I can figure out how.

Thanks for looking and offering ideas!

Mike

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 361
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 291
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 256
  • image008.jpg
    image008.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 254
  • image009.jpg
    image009.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 259
   / Please help me determine a value #2  
VERY rough, $2,000. Needs tires and a wheel, obviously never garaged, serious doubts about the 402 hours.

/ Please help me determine a value #3  
I'd go $1200 at auction but not if you represented it as a 400 hr tractor. I 'd go $0.00 then.....

/ Please help me determine a value #4  
That's a shame!

/ Please help me determine a value #5  
Nobody is going to believe 400 hours.

That model was made in 1981, maybe 1982. That's 25 years ago.

The seat and the ignition switch are replacements.

One rear tire shows Made in Japan so they are probably original. The front tires are more worn than my YM240's one original tire and I'm sure mine has 1100 hours, possibly 2100.

On the good side, that external air cleaner and the hood decals show it was the last revision level for YM240, rev level 4, so you can say it is from the final year of production.

How does it run? Mine looked nearly that bad when I bought it due to outdoor storage. Someone had put replacement rear rims on it, reason unknown. After performing a little 'deferred maintenance' it hasn't needed anything in 3 years and runs like new.

Even assuming yours runs flawlessly, and I don't know why it wouldn't, I would say well under $3,000 since it needs expensive tires and rims. Don't be surprised when your buyer cleans it up immaculate and resells it over $4,000. (This would be here in California. I suspect tractors go for less in Texas.)

Last edited:
   / Please help me determine a value #6  
Did the tractor sit in water for years or what? I have never seen rims rust out like that. 50 and 60 year old machines sitting in a field will not show that kind of deterioration from just the elements.

/ Please help me determine a value #7  
mfl_jr said:
Hello,

The tractor is a Yanmar 240. This isn't a grey market tractor. It has just over 400 hours

It's 2 wheel drive, and everything on it works well. The only issue that I think it has is that the rear rims are badly rusted and if one if the back tires gets a flat then you may be buying a replacement rim because I don't think you could get the tire off and then back on without destroying the rim.

Mike

hey, what do you want forthe tractor?Ilike it and thinkthere isn't mch wrong with it. Whats yur bottom line and would you be willing to meet half way for delivery? please pm me. thanx

/ Please help me determine a value
Thanks to everyone that took the time to reply to my post. I appreciate all the information.

Mike

/ Please help me determine a value #9  
Hey, there's that pre-cleaner somebody was talking about