YM2500 WEIGHT

/ YM2500 WEIGHT #1  

kemary

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK35, Cub Cadet 3204
Can anyone tell me a fairly accurate weight for a Yanmar YM2500? I am considering buying this tractor from a work associate. My property is 5 miles from my house and I will be trailering the tractor back and forth. I don't want to overload my trailer which has a 3500 lb gvw. Thanks.

/ YM2500 WEIGHT #2  
well I know a ym3000 comes in at 2557 and I think the 2500 is about the same tractor. at any rate you should be ok.

/ YM2500 WEIGHT
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping it was somewhere around 2500 lbs. I had looked on tractordata.com but the didn't have a YM2500 listed. From reading this forum I saw that a YM2500 was similiar to a John Deere 850 which lists at 2400 lbs but someone also said it is similiar to a Yanmar 336 which is listed at 3600 lbs. I previously sold a YM1610D because it was too light. It never lacked for power but the front end was very light even with 250 lbs of front end weight.

/ YM2500 WEIGHT #4  
You do need to give thought to issue of liquid filled tires and FEL.

My F24 is listed with base weight of ~2800# but with filled tires and FEL it actually tips the scale at 4k# with me in the seat. 1200# more than base weight.

/ YM2500 WEIGHT #5  
My 2500 is about 2700 lbs, fluid in the tires added about 400 and the front loader another 400 so you would be just about at the 3500#. Should be fine, just don't add a lot of other stuff, or drop the FEL if possible.

/ YM2500 WEIGHT #6  
kemary said:
Can anyone tell me a fairly accurate weight for a Yanmar YM2500? I am considering buying this tractor from a work associate. My property is 5 miles from my house and I will be trailering the tractor back and forth. I don't want to overload my trailer which has a 3500 lb gvw. Thanks.

Don't forget, the gvw also includes the weight of the trailer.

/ YM2500 WEIGHT
Norm, the trailer weighs about 750 lbs empty so it sounds like the YM2500 with no imlement would be about max for this trailer. I'm going to pick the tractor up tomorrow. I'm purchasing the tractor with a 5' brush hog so I'm borrowing my dad's larger trailer to bring it home. My plan is to drop the brush hog off at my property and leave it there. I think to be safe, I'm going to stop at the gravel pit nearby and run the tractor across their scale just to check the weight. The last thing I want to do is ruin my trailer. I'll let everyone know what it weighs. Thanks. Jack

/ YM2500 WEIGHT
I finally had a chance to weigh my tractor today. It came in a little under anything listed. The tractor weighed 2310 lbs. on a certified scale. This was with an almost full tank of fuel. I also got to use the tractor today for the first time. I brush hogged around the edges of my hay fields and it did a nice job. The front end still felt light going up the steep hill I have but the brush hog I got with the tractor is very heavy. The deck is made from 1/4 inch plate and the stump jumper is huge. Jack

/ YM2500 WEIGHT #9  
You need 200# of suitcase weights on the front.

/ YM2500 WEIGHT #10  
I have a YMG2000D that is a light tractor. I foam filled the front tires to help with traction and no flats. Don't know how much weight it added but there sure was a big difference when I put them back on. big dan