John Deere 650 Yanmar shift work question

/ John Deere 650 Yanmar shift work question #1  

kmosabe

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar 1300 Original/beautiful
Sorry about new post, also a post in the Yanmar section. Having traded in my Yanmar 2wd 1300 for a 4WD JD 650, I posted in this site because everyone here takes the time to help one out. I could not find anything in the JD site about shift forks on this tractor. I believe that this is the problem. It will not engage completely in. Also today, I noticed that when the clutch was not depressed the tractor would stall out. I tried to get it to roll with the the tractor in neutral but it would not move. Under a different gear, all was fine. What Yanmar compares to this 650 model. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has a similiar model schematic that would be great.

/ John Deere 650 Yanmar shift work question
oops meant shift fork

/ John Deere 650 Yanmar shift work question #3  
There is no direct cross, though it certainly shares some parts with some yanmars. You might want to check some JD dealers before you get too attached....I have had several inquiries the past couple months on parts for the early JD compacts, and in every case the person has said the JD dealer told them support for them is ending. If anyone else has any info on that, perhaps they could post it.

/ John Deere 650 Yanmar shift work question #4  
A shift fork is a shift fork. You have to inspect them.