An unknown part

/ An unknown part #1  

gcp

Silver Member
Guys, hat's this lever used for?

Lever.jpg

/ An unknown part #2  
Is that connected up to the seat track mechanism?

/ An unknown part #3  
Feedback rod for hydraulic system. Don't think you should attempt adjustment.

/ An unknown part #4  
That's how the hydraulic lift system knows the position of the 3-pt arms.

It's related to the control lever over on the right, where you preset your intended height.

Diagram - from YM240 Operation Manual:

33833d1108746182-ym1700-draft-control-587946-feedbackrod.jpg

/ An unknown part #5  
While you may not want to adj the link, it does look like the jam nuts are loose. What is the correct length so jam nuts can be tightened and result in correct length rod.

/ An unknown part #6  
Mickey_Fx said:
While you may not want to adj the link, it does look like the jam nuts are loose. What is the correct length so jam nuts can be tightened and result in correct length rod.
Hmmm...

Now I'm wondering if mine is set up correctly.

P1090564r3ptFeedbackRod.jpg

/ An unknown part #7  
I wanna know this also.
I have had problems with a little set offset disc plough. It just wouldn't break up the soil.

I'm pretty sure it is the "Draught Control".

It controls the depth that the 3 point runs at.

I don't know if it limits the lower or upper level or if it stops the 3 point from "jumping" up [stump jumping].

I would love to know the correct settings.

Wombat

/ An unknown part #8  
If anyone understands this Position Control rod and has good setup instructions, I'd appreciate a little enlightenment.

/ An unknown part #9  
Aha!

Followed my own advice, RTFM, and look what I found.

60195d1156820929-all-us-yanmar-owners-ym3ptloweringvalve.gif

In this diagram, the two jam nuts on the feedback rod are near the end of the threads.

It looks like mine (photo, above) is set up correctly to match its Operating Manual.

/ An unknown part #10  
I don't have my service manual handy, but is there any info on how to adjust it if it has been assembled incorrectly, as gcp's appears to have been? I'm sure they are all different, like mixture screws on a carburettor.