Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Branson 3510 Hydraulics Jerky

Both FEL and rear lift arms are jerky when being raised and I can feel little thumps when I operate the hydaulics. Clearly the pump is fluid starved and cavitating. Also feel the thumps inthe steering, and the steering wheel rotates freely after the tractor has been shut down a while.

Based on research here, I draind the hydraulic fluid, pulled out the strainer and cleaned it though it looked very clean, replaced the fluid, and hydraulic filter. Filled to upper mark on the sight gage. Problem was better but still not taken care of. Previous to the drain and refill. the sight indicator showed fluid level on the Add mark. I tried to add more fluid but the level stayed low and when I ran the tractor and hydraulics. it burped fluid out the refill port.

By way of background, I had a septic tank problem and went to mount my PTO driven, 3 pt mounted backhoe. after mounting I found the PTO lever was stuck, so I took the linkage apart, freed it, and lubed it, then went to dig. Got things taken care of but noticed that the FEL was really slow and weak/soft. This was when I attempted to add more fluid.

After the drain and fill today, and a short workout on the road, I noticed that the fluid level is now halfway between the full and add marks.

All I can guess is that a return is messed up somewhere. It is possible but unlikely (I think) that a hose could be kinked from when I had covers off freeing up the PTO lever. Otherwise I haven't a clue what the problem could be and could use some help or suggestions. I don't understand why I could add fluid before this service and not have it show up on the sight gage.

Oh yeah, my local Branson dealer, Bills Tractor, now does Mahindra so it looks like I have a 75 mile drag to take the tractor to the nearest Branson dealer in San Marcos, TX, if need be.

Thanks for any help.

Steve

Marble Falls, TX

Tractor
    Branson 3520R

Default Re: Branson 3510 Hydraulics Jerky

There's a Branson dealer in Hewitt (Waco) if that's closer. Just bought my Branson, and haven't contacted them yet, but pretty sure they are a authorized Branson dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tchara View Post
    There's a Branson dealer in Hewitt (Waco) if that's closer. Just bought my Branson, and haven't contacted them yet, but pretty sure they are a authorized Branson dealer.
    Thanks! San Marcos is about 70 miles and Waco, 100. I may try both, tho, depending on where the traffic is better. Have to go through Austin to get to San Marcos.

Steve

I thnk I just located the problem. The low pressure hose going into the pump itself appears to have a crack in it where it clamps onto the line from the filter to the pump. It willbe a little sporty to remove and replace but should be easily do-able.

Tractor
    Branson 2910i

If you can avoid taking it in, so much the better. The Branson dealer here in San Marcos is now all Kioti. Not a single Branson on the lot, but they can still get Branson parts. I would definitely call before bringing it here, just to be sure they still have someone familiar with the Branson. Allen is the owner and Brian is the sales manager. (512) 392-2639
    DW

"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
    ~ James D. Miles

J_J
    Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

The problem does sound like you are sucking air from the suction tube.

That would produce slow or jerky actions.

Look in the reservoir after starting the tractor and see if there are bubbles in the fluid.

Any air in the lines will self purge as you use the loader and 3pt.

Either tighten or replace the suction tube. They usually don't leak, but just suck air and cause problems..
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

The part number for the suction hose into pumps is NTB4560000A3 you can call your dealer and ask them to order it if they no not stock it you may also request for a drop ship to your address

Ordered and received a new suction hose. Took three weeks to get. Installed it and the system now works but with a new kink. When I raise the 3pt with or without a load. the lift "thumps". it works fine but when I have the arms above half way, the arms jump up slightly every 10 sec or so with a noticeable thump. The FEL is affected but not to the same degree and when the lift arms are down, it works smoothly. Response to raising or lowering the FEL or 3pt is excellent, like new and both seem to have the same the same lifting power as when new. Do I now have a pressure relief valve issue?

Steve

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

The rings on the rock-shaft piston are letting some oil bypass and the tractor is pretty smart. It says "hey lift arms, you are supposed to be at xyz level according to the position control, but I detect you are lower". It then raises itself back up.....again and again. Not a big job to do if you don't mind turning a few wrenches.
    Dave
    Red Bluff, California

Quote Originally Posted by DavesTractor View Post
    The rings on the rock-shaft piston are letting some oil bypass and the tractor is pretty smart. It says "hey lift arms, you are supposed to be at xyz level according to the position control, but I detect you are lower". It then raises itself back up.....again and again. Not a big job to do if you don't mind turning a few wrenches.
    I an quite handy with wrenches. Can you give me a hint on where to look for the adjustment?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast