zetor

/ zetor #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
I was reading a link about zetor tractors, over in the other grey club, and saw that zetor has a partnership with john deere in latin america, australia, africe, and a few other places. Zetor tractors branded and sold as jd's... Any idea if this effects the yanmar products produced for jd?

thanks,

Chris

/ zetor #2  
Greetings...
The rumors I'd heard were that the contract was over with Deere (JD folks may know better). Zetor are Czech tractors, fairly solid, but some people seem to be nervous about parts (a lot are being traded in for Kioti's in my neck of the woods). When I was searching for a machine I read enough to be nervous about, and bought a Yanmar /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

I heard (again, rumor) that Yanmar is only building engines for Deere at this point, and not longer builds the entire machine for the 70 and 90 series as they used to.

Couchsachraga

/ zetor
Sounds about right.. I also found out that zetor is in financial trouble right now.. only made 2000 tractors last yrar.

Chris

/ zetor #4  
Zetor just switched from goverment ownership to private. They are imported by Amjawa, same company as the Centuries. And as they have ordered at least 1400 loaders this year for North America and as Zetor is shipped to over a 100 countries I think they will be around far awhile. They made JD`s and Kukje that makes the Century and the Branson makes JD`s for Asia. They also have Yanmar engines in theCentury 3045`s. Zetor has made over 1,000,000 tractors.

/ zetor #5  
Zetor has sure built some fine tractors over the last 25 or 30 years. They are ag size; not compact. Many interchangeable parts and upgrades to a very good basic design. Heavily built. Decent parts and dealers. If I was looking for a 4wd medium-size utility tractor for 20 acres or more they would be on my list for sure. As a bonus, they argueably have the most comfortable cab and operator's position of any tractor of their era.

/ zetor
What features do you specifically like about the operator area?

thanks,

Chris

/ zetor #7  
What do I like about the operator's platform?
Well, it all starts with it being a full size tractor. I'm talking about the 3 and 4 cylinder 2 and 4wd models sold here from the 1970s forward under a variety of brand names.....but they were all the same 3 models of export Zetor.
The operator's platform is flat, and it is big. Big enough so that you and a couple of buddies can all find places to sit without being in each other's way. But you asked for specifics. Specifically I like that there is enough room between the seat and the steering wheel to walk between them without having to do the side shuffle and hop. When a tractor has that much room for the operator then it is a long ways toward getting everything right.

I don't need or want a cab on my tractor, but take another look at that Zetor. The model 3340 is the very common 45hp 4wd. With the weather cab on, it comes with seats for passengers, power steering, power brakes, heating, optional AC, and windshield wipers. Add a shower and toilet you could live in there.