Tractor Tach/Hour meter Zetor

/ Tractor Tach/Hour meter Zetor #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
Hi
I haven't seen any post regarding Zetor tractors on this board and perhaps that is a product of their popularity. I bought one of these machines a while ago and have been happy with the power and performance. It is a 1985 model 5245 - 4WD - 52 HP with FEL. Maybe not quite a slick and smooth as some of the "mainstream models" but the price was right and it gets the job done.

Over the last while there has been a problem with the tach/hour meter sticking - and finally it has stopped working altogether. The closest dealer to me is about 3 hours away and, when I described the situation on the phone their parts guy said "we fix those by throwing them as far as possible over our right shoulder and putting in a new one". Well, a new one is about $550 and I am hoping it might be possible to simply replace that unit with two meters - a simple tach for the 3 cyl. diesel and a separate hour meter. I think these two meters might cost a total of $50.

Wouldl sure be interested in any commnets/warnings/advice from folks with more experience (and that includes just about everybody /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif) than me at these kind of things.

Heard the spring peepers last night /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif - YESSS!

/ Tractor Tach/Hour meter Zetor #2  
Bob...

Have you checked the price lately of some of these "cheap" hour meters alone...? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif (not so cheap anymore...)

Anyhow... measure the "outside" diameter of one of your injection lines and let me know... I may have a combo digital tach/hour meter for your Zetor...

/ Tractor Tach/Hour meter Zetor
Hi John
My mechanical ignorance is about to show here - I have a catalogue from Princess Auto - it is available for download form their website <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.princessauto.com/>click here</A>

They have an Hour Meter described as follws - 2"dial, operates on 12 to 24 VDC (I have no idea what VDC is - could it be Voltage Direct Current?), Read 9999 hour plus 1/10 hour indicator,fits 2" dia mounting hole Price $38 Cdn. I was hoping something like this would do the job.

I'll measure the "ouside" diameter (I am assuming you mean diesel fuel injector lines) when I get home and get that info to you. How does a Tach/hour meter connect to an injector line? What kind of $$ are you looking for?

Thanks for your help.

/ Tractor Tach/Hour meter Zetor #4  
<font color=blue>...How does a Tach/hour meter connect to an injector line?...</font color=blue>

A transducer clamps around the injector line... it "senses" the fuel pulses from the pump to one cylinder... in turn giving you "rpm"... most of the injector lines "outside diameter" are between 5-7mm...

This is a brand new item on the market...currently the tentative price is ~ $69. to be prepaid and free shipping for US...(later COD's will be accepted but it will be about $10-13. more for those charges...~cod + ship etc.) as production ramps up... I "want" the price to drop... but I have no control over that...

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Tractor Tach/Hour meter Zetor #5  
JMIII, Are these being made by ENM by chance?? I ran across their series pt14 gas engine ones by chance and for $30.00 it is very reasonable and works well.

/ Tractor Tach/Hour meter Zetor #6  
We use to sell the gas version units for Jet-Ski's, ATV's, small gas engine devices... and yes that's the going price for a gas version... I think about ~$35. now... but they have no "transducer cost"... just a piece of wire you'd wrap around a spark plug wire... the diesel version uses a just patented transducer that's adding somewhat to the cost... but with time... like everything else on the market in electronics... the price usually comes down... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ Tractor Tach/Hour meter Zetor #7  
Thanks. Actually I wasn't thinking they were too pricey. I like the other ones, so far so good. More features than the OEM one (cub) and cheaper, how do you go wrong?