Zetor cab tractor-to buy or not?

/ Zetor cab tractor-to buy or not? #1  

matt21

Bronze Member
I'm looking at a used zetor 7711 cab tractor. It has approx. 1500 hours on it. What is an average price for these tractors? Are they good tractors or a waste of time and money?

/ Zetor cab tractor-to buy or not? #2  
They're not bad tractors overall, parts could be an issue if you do not have a dealer near. If 2wd, I'd guess $5-6000 tops.

/ Zetor cab tractor-to buy or not?
It's at a dealer now and all i can get him down to is $8,000

/ Zetor cab tractor-to buy or not? #4  
A nice 7711 with the 3.9 liter long stroke engine and only 1500 hrs, goes for at least 7000 Euro here. Lots of them go back to Eastern Europe, as everyone wants them because of their low running cost. Parts, original as well as aftermarket, are available in great numbers and cheap (there were made over a million of this UR1 series since 1960)

Over here, these tractors depreciate about 50% in 20 years... We did have a different monetary inflation rate, so reckon thats roughly the same as the depreciation of a Deere in your part of the world.

The 8000 dollar, is about 5334 euro at the current rate. compared to what they go for in europe, its a steal.

Your dealer will allways be able to help you out if you need consumable parts like filters, off shelf. If you dont want to spend too much, you can get them from ridgeway enterprises, who imports original parts for 2/3 of the price: Zetor Tractor Parts

/ Zetor cab tractor-to buy or not? #5  
A nice 7711 with the 3.9 liter long stroke engine and only 1500 hrs, goes for at least 7000 Euro here. Lots of them go back to Eastern Europe, as everyone wants them because of their low running cost. Parts, original as well as aftermarket, are available in great numbers and cheap (there were made over a million of this UR1 series since 1960)

Over here, these tractors depreciate about 50% in 20 years... We did have a different monetary inflation rate, so reckon thats roughly the same as the depreciation of a Deere in your part of the world.

The 8000 dollar, is about 5334 euro at the current rate. compared to what they go for in europe, its a steal.

Your dealer will allways be able to help you out if you need consumable parts like filters, off shelf. If you dont want to spend too much, you can get them from ridgeway enterprises, who imports original parts for 2/3 of the price: Zetor Tractor Parts

send check container is full------

/ Zetor cab tractor-to buy or not? #6  
send check container is full------

Yes, since they took over the sales by a daughter company, then changed their attention to focus fully on their most successful European markets, the prices of these tractors dropped quickly. They just decided that it was easier to gain more market with their existing dealer network (in some countries they are in the top 6) than to spend millions to (re)penetrate the American market. They cant compete on price anymore, and that used to be the only reason Americans bought them in the 80's and 90's. These days they compete with their low running costs, ruggedness, ease of service, repair and operation. An American buyer looking for those features ends up with a used Deere, not with a new Zetor.

/ Zetor cab tractor-to buy or not? #7  
I am new to this site. I am interested in buying a new Zetor loader tractor for my hay operation. I will be using it for a hay accumilator and handling round bales. Also will probally pull a NH Haybine also. I have a dealer 1 hr away. They seem like a very nice outfit for the money. Great visabilty and ease of controls. They seem heavier built than the low end New Hollands and Deere tractors.

Thanks,
Hoosier Hay Man

/ Zetor cab tractor-to buy or not? #8  
I think Zetor makes a good durable tractor and have been considering one of them as well as several other brands for a tractor to use and leave at a couple hundred acres of property I own that is about 40 minutes from my house. I really don't have anything bad at all to say about the tractors except that in today's economy a guy can get a good quality off brand tractor for a good buy. If the tractor you're looking at is really nice it will likely bring about 7k or so. If the economy keeps dropping, I'd drop that amount (the amount I'd personally offer) by a grand or so in another couple months. Right now it's a buyer's market. I also like Mahindra tractors and FarmTrac tractors and those too can be had for a deal. Good luck!

/ Zetor cab tractor-to buy or not? #9  
I bought a new Zetor in '04. Very happy with it. At the time I paid $20K less than comparable Deere or NH. A softball size rock took out the back window a couple years back. Replacement was $200, some Deere drivers also had window replacements but paid $700. Service & parts binders are well written & cheap. Maintenance is in the open and easy, loader QT is fast, bucket QT is euro spec and even faster 1 step: throw lever & go.

The US factory support tech is awesome. I emailed once asking how best to clear AC drain lines & he sent back a huge Word file loaded with photographed step by step info...

I run year round so get the -40 to +99 extremes and the HVAC works.

There is a discount internet parts source as well www.zetorusa.com & Fedex/UPS deliver to the barn. They send a nifty 3 ring punched & tabbed parts catalog with pricing when you become a customer.

For haying I'd recommend maxing out rear wheel weights, adding fluid if slopes are bad.

Bigget negative is lack of branding and marketing; T-shirts, hats, etc. If you need to show off to neighbors don't buy this. I'm not on the resale upgrade treadmill either.

Pix with 8' snow bucket & 7' rear blower

Attachments

• DSCN0037 (704 x 528).jpg
    DSCN0037 (704 x 528).jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 3,718
   / Zetor cab tractor-to buy or not? #10  
My neighbor bought two used Zetors about two years back. One is 100 HP and the other is almost identical but turbocharged 120 HP. Both are with FEL and four wheel drive. Forgot the model number. He said that one had bad bearing in the front axle and cost him 1000 $. The other was in working order for 2000 $. His only complain is that nobody around here wants to work on those. We are located south of Des Moines in Iowa.