New to Zetor Tractors

/ New to Zetor Tractors #1  

cyberflyrg

Tractor
Kioti DK45 4x4, Ford 3000
Hey guys, hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years.:D

My question is, I found a nice Zetor 4341, loader, 4x4, 1500 hours at a good price. How good are these tractors??:confused: I'm currently using a 2Wh-Dr Yanmar 2700 greymarket tractor and it is just too light to do big farm work.
What should I be looking for with the Zetor tractor before buying????? The tractor is at a Zetor dealer and he says it is in really good condition,, but he's also trying to sell it.

Thanks Cyberfly......:thumbsup:

/ New to Zetor Tractors #2  
We sold Zetors for many years and they are tough tractors. Ken Sweet

/ New to Zetor Tractors #3  
older zetors got very hacked, they didn't have the staying power of MF, etc. If they were well minded they can still be OK but they couldn't take abuse

/ New to Zetor Tractors #4  
We sold Zetors for many years and they are tough tractors. Ken Sweet

Why don't you still sell Zetors? They seem to be very well built and still simple enough to work on. Their styling has improved greatly.

/ New to Zetor Tractors #5  
Why don't you still sell Zetors? They seem to be very well built and still simple enough to work on. Their styling has improved greatly.

When we dropped the line, The company was being tossed back and forth between a government owned company and a privately held company, thus, some since of direction was not clear to us. For example, they were having a problem with a 50 cent key that drove the injection pump. When it began the shear, the tractor would begin to miss and when it eventually sheared off, the tractor was dead in the water. My thinking was that a harder key would have solved the problem. After a couple of years, problem was not resolved to my satisfaction. This 50 cent key shearing off required the complete removing the front of the tractor and was a 2 day labor job to repair.The company was at all times helpful and took care of this problem under warranty, however, it put the selling dealer in a bad light to the customer. I am pretty sure that Zetor has fixed that problem long ago and is now on the right path. Ken Sweet

/ New to Zetor Tractors #6  
I have a Zetor 4341 cab & loader bought new in 2004.

Only 1 maintenance issue was clutch hyd cylinder failed after 3-4 years. Cost me about $50, Fedex delivered next day to barnyard.

I use it year round field work & snow removal.

Did bust out the rear window with a rock once, Zetor replacement again Fedex to barnyard was a fraction of a Deere window...

/ New to Zetor Tractors #7  
When we dropped the line, The company was being tossed back and forth between a government owned company and a privately held company, thus, some since of direction was not clear to us. For example, they were having a problem with a 50 cent key that drove the injection pump. When it began the shear, the tractor would begin to miss and when it eventually sheared off, the tractor was dead in the water. My thinking was that a harder key would have solved the problem. After a couple of years, problem was not resolved to my satisfaction. This 50 cent key shearing off required the complete removing the front of the tractor and was a 2 day labor job to repair.The company was at all times helpful and took care of this problem under warranty, however, it put the selling dealer in a bad light to the customer. I am pretty sure that Zetor has fixed that problem long ago and is now on the right path. Ken Sweet

Yes, the turbulent times of czech privatization. I think they are much better company now than before.