New Zetor 6441 Proxima owner

/ New Zetor 6441 Proxima owner #1  

txhillcountry

Bronze Member
Tractor
Zetor 6441
After combing through the enormous number of 50-100hp pre-owned tractors here in Texas, I ran across a handful of Zetors and got interested. Was pleasantly surprised at their value for the money.
But this was a sweetheart deal. I was about to pull the trigger on 2001 4341 4WD with loader for $15K, when I ran across this pristine 2006 6441 Proxima 4WD with loader for $16K. It was literally one of those times when I happened to be online and called literally minutes after it was listed.

Doing some basic maintenance (it only has 1025 hours !) and adding some forward and rear facing lights up on the canopy, and then it's off to our ranch in central Texas.

Zetor 6441 Proxima.jpg

/ New Zetor 6441 Proxima owner #2  
Congrats on that Zetor!! I bought a 2003 4341 with FEL in 2010 with 312 hrs for 15k. I've put about 130 hrs on it since and just can't say enough good about this tractor. You should be very happy with it and got a great price on it. These are big heavy tractors capable of a lot of hard work. Very fuel efficient as well. Just did about 12 hrs brush hogging with an 8' hog on 10 gallons. If you don't have a local dealer, www.ridgewaytractorparts.com is a great place to order filters and any other parts you may need. Enjoy your new tractor!!

/ New Zetor 6441 Proxima owner
Thanks! We're lucky to have a great Zetor dealer just 30 minutes away. Already picked up some additional manuals (parts, shop manual) from him.

Don't plan to haul it around much, but it's all my one 10K pound trailer can handle. That thing is heavy! Runs about 7500 pounds without the loader. Solidly built is an understatement. :)

20121010_135722.jpg

/ New Zetor 6441 Proxima owner #5  
Yep they are a heavy beast of a tractor! I don't own a trailer or truck that will move mine. There is only about 3 miles between my property and my in laws and for that distance I just drive it the few times a year for mowing/baling hay. Mine is the straight gear tranny and it is slow moving on the road. Top speed about 15 mph.

Although the seller hadn't advertised it, I was pleasantly surprised to find it had the Reverser option, with the six gear trans. So 12 forward and 12 reverse (counting the Hi and Lo ranges). I got it out on the road in High, 6th gear, and it was doing about 25mph. Not a speed demon, but about all I want in a tractor that big.

Yep they are a heavy beast of a tractor! I don't own a trailer or truck that will move mine. There is only about 3 miles between my property and my in laws and for that distance I just drive it the few times a year for mowing/baling hay. Mine is the straight gear tranny and it is slow moving on the road. Top speed about 15 mph.

/ New Zetor 6441 Proxima owner #7  
Nice looking tractor!

PS. Don't let the safety police around here see how you strapped it down. LOL

/ New Zetor 6441 Proxima owner #8  
I would really like to have the reverser tranny, but for as much tractor as I got for the money, it wasn't that important. More gears would be nice but I can always find one that works for the task at hand. 25 mph would be plenty fast!

Poor planning on our part. Didn't have my truck and it was a rental trailer. All the chains and load binders back at home. Made for a slow drive and crossing fingers for highway patrol. LOL!

PS. Don't let the safety police around here see how you strapped it down. LOL

/ New Zetor 6441 Proxima owner #10  
Well it's not like the thing is trying to come off any way.

How do you like it so far?