Zetor 6441 Proxima control identification question

/ Zetor 6441 Proxima control identification question #1  

txhillcountry

Bronze Member
Tractor
Zetor 6441
I found an Operator's Manual online for the 6421 / 6441 / 7421 / 7441 / 8421 / 8441. It's a great manual, however there are some small discrepancies on a few controls.

I know the vast majority of the controls, but have a few questions for those in the know. The first one is the 4WD selector. The manual shows that it's electronically controlled by a switch on the dash, however I have no switch like that. The second is the differential lock. Again, the manual shows an electronic switch on the dash, but I have no such switch.

In this picture, I've marked all the floor-area controls I know, but there are two controls that aren't clearly marked, or I'm not familiar with (Marked A and B)

The one marked "A" is a round pedal on the floor close to where your right heel would be. Not sure what that is. The one marked "B" is a lever just below and slightly to the left of the seat, with a emblem like the front wheels. Wondering if that's the 4WD control, again, not sure.

zetor 6441 floor controls marked.jpg

/ Zetor 6441 Proxima control identification question #2  
Based on no experience with your specific machine I would say you are right on with "B" being for the 4wd selection. That's a symbol I have seen on other machines. I would guess "A" to be the diff lock. I have run Bobcat CUT's and the diff lock is on the floor board right where your round pedal is on the floor. On the Bobcat its a "momentary" diff lock as in the diff is only locked while the pedal is depressed, once you take your foot off its back to an open diff. I would suspect your machine functions similarly. My 2 cents for what its worth.

Chris.

/ Zetor 6441 Proxima control identification question
Thanks, that's my thought as well. Just need to try it out. But wasn't sure what the procedure was to engage / disengage the 4WD (or the DiffLock for that matter). That 4WD lever cutout area looks like it moves in various positions (not just a straight slot like the PTO, etc) Maybe I have to slide, lift up, etc. Not sure.

Thanks!

Based on no experience with your specific machine I would say you are right on with "B" being for the 4wd selection. That's a symbol I have seen on other machines. I would guess "A" to be the diff lock. I have run Bobcat CUT's and the diff lock is on the floor board right where your round pedal is on the floor. On the Bobcat its a "momentary" diff lock as in the diff is only locked while the pedal is depressed, once you take your foot off its back to an open diff. I would suspect your machine functions similarly. My 2 cents for what its worth.

Chris.

/ Zetor 6441 Proxima control identification question #6  
My 3510 Branson has a peddle that is located for using your right heel to engage rearend lock up. I always push the clutch in before stepping on the peddle. I only use it if one rear tire starts slipping.
Mine has an up/down lever for 4WD. Usually I have to back up slightly to dis-engage 4WD. It normally just goes right in to 4WD.
Your lever looks like sideways shifting, not sure why the panel is notched like that. ???
And if you don't know already, you should not have it in 4WD on a hard surface. It can really torque the driveline.

Many thanks! That's how the Diff Lock is on my smaller Kubota, good to know. I haven't messed with the 4WD lever yet (busy weekend, and now raining.) Yeah, the 4WD on hard surfaces is a no-no.

My 3510 Branson has a peddle that is located for using your right heel to engage rearend lock up. I always push the clutch in before stepping on the peddle. I only use it if one rear tire starts slipping.
Mine has an up/down lever for 4WD. Usually I have to back up slightly to dis-engage 4WD. It normally just goes right in to 4WD.
Your lever looks like sideways shifting, not sure why the panel is notched like that. ???
And if you don't know already, you should not have it in 4WD on a hard surface. It can really torque the driveline.

Just wanted to say thanks again, and to give Kudos to Zetor North America! Dropped Petr an email yesterday (Saturday), and he responded a few hours later. That's service!

here is a link to Zetor North America headquarters.

ZETOR NORTH AMERICA

Here is email of a guy who knows Zetors inside out.

Technical Service Manager:
Petr Laznicka
E-mail: plaznicka@zetorna.com

They sell parts direct.