zetor buyer

/ zetor buyer #1  

spitter

Platinum Member
Tractor
simplicity legacy tc29d,Tc45d,Cs 2520
looking at buying 1986 zetor 7245 . any tips on what to look out for ? how much is it worth? how are parts to find ? :confused3:

/ zetor buyer #2  
Parts are not an issue provided you can use the phone or internet. I have a active dealer 130 miles away so if I need something its here in 2 to 3 days. I have bought on ebay also.
It has a hydraulic brakes and a hydraulic slave clutch. The steering is typically a power assist cylinder on the left side, otherwise the later models were completely hydrostatic steering. As with any used tractor the lift cylinder piston the one inside the rear differential house might be leaky and need repacking. The clutch could be weak and the parking brake or hydraulic brakes could be weak. The parking brake will adjust up and the fluid brakes are replaceable.
If the tractor has sat for a while you might have some carbon buildup and drying on the rings. Just as with any tractor that has sat the new owner might put it to work and suddenly it smokes and uses oil. Use the brake fluid method I have described before to decarbon the rings.
The 4 wd drive will cause the tractor to jerk slightly when turning tight.
I have an older model and a 7711 that are both great machines.
there are some guys exporting these and they pay 3500 to 7500 depending on the condition.
I like the tractors but you will need some self repair & maintenance skills to get great service from it.

/ zetor buyer
thanks for input tractor needs tlc. lots of little stuff needs windshield rear glass,power assist hose off,no heat core leaks,air dont work,loader very strong,newer clutch,brakes ,appromiximatly1000 hrs.runs strong shifts well,no smoke.i am not afraid of working on it and dont need it to run constantly . basicaly a big toy so i dont have to bring skidsteer home from work every time i want to do something. probaly going to buy a fordson backhoe with it both for 8000.