Zetor major 80

/ Zetor major 80 #1  

Separr

Tractor
In the market
I've been offered to buy a brand new Zetor major 80 for $36,000. It is a cab,4x4, with a FEL. I don't know much about these tractors as they are not very popular in my area. Is this a good price?

/ Zetor major 80 #2  
For that price you could almost buy a new Tym or Branson tractor and FEL>

/ Zetor major 80
I do like the mahindra 8560. I hear they r a rebranded version of TYM.

/ Zetor major 80 #4  
I don't know if the price is good but Zetor has very good reputation of long lasting, reliable and tough tractor in Europe. Zetor Major is the fully mechanical no frills (no electronics) model of the bells and whistles agg tractors Zetor makes.

Zetor Major - ZETOR NORTH AMERICA

/ Zetor major 80
I'm going to go take a second look at it tomorrow. I kind of like the idea of old school levers and cables vs wires and buttons.

/ Zetor major 80 #6  
I have a couple older zetors. I have looked at the majors they are OK but I would go to a Proxima they are not much more money but overall the design is better

/ Zetor major 80
I test drove the Major 80 and my biggest concern is it would not pick up the front end unless I had the bucket flat on the ground and then roll it to the dump position. If I put the bucket in the dump position and then tried to pick up the front end it would not do it. It is a brand new tractor with the full warranty.

This is the first tractor I have ran and it not be able to pick itself up with the FEL. Any thought? Is this normal for zetor?

/ Zetor major 80 #8  
I test drove the Major 80 and my biggest concern is it would not pick up the front end unless I had the bucket flat on the ground and then roll it to the dump position. If I put the bucket in the dump position and then tried to pick up the front end it would not do it. It is a brand new tractor with the full warranty.

This is the first tractor I have ran and it not be able to pick itself up with the FEL. Any thought? Is this normal for zetor?
It should lift the front laying flat about 5". Here is specification: Front end loaders - ZETOR NORTH AMERICA

/ Zetor major 80
That would be my thinking also. I believe I am going to have the dealer run a flow and pressure check to see if the tractor is getting the advertised specs.

/ Zetor major 80 #10  
Look if the cylinders are fully retracted when you try to lift the front. Is the FEL is correctly attached to the tractor?