6245 Zetor 4x4

/ 6245 Zetor 4x4 #1  

tunedf7

Tractor
6245 zetor
First I should mention that I never owned or driven a tractor before till a couple days ago when I got a 6245 Zetor with 4872 hours on it..is that a lot off hours for this tractor. When driving down the road it's hard too shift between gears..it doesn't grind..maybe I'm not pulling hard enough on the shift, I stop and shift into a different gear and away I go. I got it for snow blowing, are there alot off maintenance with this tractor..or certain things I should look for....thanks

/ 6245 Zetor 4x4 #2  
Good stout tractor right there. Iv seen them with a lot more hours than that down here in the hayfields. But yes they have certain things you will want to keep up with. The shifting is just normal of a gear transmission to not like shifting on the fly so I wouldn't worry as much there. Main thing is you need to keep it under something to begin with. Also they are known to draw power while sitting so a power shut off will be a big plus if you know how to install one. Or just unplug the battery. Also don't even try and crank it without priming it first. I have a 5211 and got past that with an electric pump from napa. Biggest thing is you need to go ahead and buy a master and slave cylinder to have when the ones in the tractor go out. They will eventually start getting air in the lines and go out... nothing you can do but keep the air bleed out of it to help it last longer but not a process many tractor owners would know how to do. Iv seen plenty of mechanics even tell a guy his clutch it out when all he needed was a $50 part... Those clutches will not ware out. Hope you enjoy it. Regular upkeep will be a big part of how that tractor treats you but you wont find a tractor in its hp range that will out pull it.

/ 6245 Zetor 4x4 #3  
I bought a new 5245 many years ago , I can tell you they have a great eng. uses less fuel than other tractors I have owned and are a very rugged tractor . I had difficulty using a snow blower on mine in heavy snow as it was would go to fast even in the slowest gear in reverse . When you shift try double clutching as that should help ( pushing the clutch peddle down twice before trying to shift ) . You shouldn't have to force it into gear . You might want to change ALL the fluids . I only had about 500 hrs. on mine when I sold it as the dealer went under in my area for service etc. etc. .

I had leaks on the brake and power steering fluid lines , replaced the hyd. clutch cyl. as that went bad . The brakes would freeze up if it wasn't used on a regular basis . The tractor was always kept in a garage so that was not an issue . If you can do minor maintenance you should be okay as far as the tractor is concerned . The 4872 hrs. is not a problem if the tractor was properly maintained . If you get 12 inches or more of snow and your reverse speed is like mine was you may have have a problem. I had a 7 ft. meteor blower on mine . You have a few extra HP so that may make a big difference for you .

Good Luck with your tractor and stay safe .