Zetor 3340, Buying advice

/ Zetor 3340, Buying advice #1  

ssg510

Silver Member
Found a nice 3340 with about 1500 hours on it. Looks to be pretty nice, no FEL and they are asking $6,900. No real expirence with zetor but seems to be well built. Any comments or advice greatly appreciated. What FEL should I get and how much. Is this a good price for the tractor. Hope hours are not 15000 as the hour meter is a l ittle different to read. Thanks for the help.

/ Zetor 3340, Buying advice #2  
I bought a zetor 5245 new several years ago , they are a very rugged tractor . I had a few issues with mine , nothing major but if you are not mechanically inclined I would not advise you to buy one . They could be a great tractor today , that I don't know , but I personally would not buy another .

/ Zetor 3340, Buying advice
Thanks for the reply. Going to go test drive it. Do they still sell Zetor new here in usa? Can parts be easily had also?

/ Zetor 3340, Buying advice #5  
My dealer went out of business , I don't remember where I got parts from but they were very helpful . With an almost new tractor I had power steering and brake leaks , and had to put on a new hyd. clutch cylinder . The brakes would freeze up if I didn't use it quite often and it was always kept under cover . I will say this, it had a great engine and was the most fuel efficient tractor I have ever owned . It was just all those little things that kept popping up that made me get rid of it .